Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another HAM . . .

Re: Another HAM . . .

Congratulations. Any big plans with your General ticket? I know two guys locally getting their general because they are into CW and DX'ing. They have all the equipment but they just listen in. Personally I don't have the need although HF does seem like fun, I just don't have anywhere near the time to get into it that much.

I recently added a HT to my arsenal and have been having fun. The 2800 is great for the vehicle but I needed something a little more mobile. I ended up getting an FT-60r and am really impressed with all of it's functions, just need to ditch the rubber ducky.

Re: Another HAM . . .

Thanks. I can't actually do much of anything with it for now - unemployed and getting tight on money, so equipment will have to wait a bit. Besides, 2M will be getting a workout at the Olympus and Oregon Trail rallies in a month or so. I kinda took the test because I was bored and needed something to study and do. Now I'm thinking I'll take some of the free online emcomm courses through the ARRL and maybe some of the ones through FEMA
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12