Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joshua tree?

Re: Joshua tree?

I don't remember the skull being that big either.

I liked our campground.

I thought we were comfortable until our neighbor rolled up in this:

Just one of his three slide-outs had more room than my entire tent...

There's good climbing in J-Tree...

Hmmm...(rubbing my chin thoughtfully)
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

im looking at doing more of an expedition type run. drive/hike all day, set up quick camp, sleep in the truck, move on the next morning, going east to west.

the more i look at this and my budget for the next 6 months, my planned January trip just isnt going to happen

look for a run maybe late march/early april.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Funny I found this thread, my brother and I were just talking about going to J-Tree to do some climbing. What are the 4WD roads on the map like? Rough dirt roads or technical rock crawling stuff? When we set a date for the trip I'll post it up to see if anyone else wants to join in the fun.
    --------------------<br />slowheelin - a.k.a. Robb<br />93 4Runner V6 5 speed | Procomp shocks | Marlin Crawler Clutch | BFG AT<br />(more to come)

looks to be mostly rough dirt roads. no hardcore stuff (define hardcore for me, hammers?) basically i think anything with a lift and low range should be able to make it. as always, a locker would probably be nice, but not necessary.

this trip is on indefinite hold for me. decided to do death valley with everyone this year. might decide to do this in the fall though, or next year. summer, its just too hot!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I don't think there is a hardcore legal trail. The hardest we did wasn't all that bad. I forget the name, it might be mentioned in this thread though. Ken did it in his e-locked 4runner holding 4 people. I did it in my stock '99 4runner. I didn't even have my sliders on as they came the day we left. There was a little pin striping due to the desert flora but nothing bad. We also had with us another e-locked 4runner slightly lifted and a newer land cruiser. No one got stuck or had to turn around at anything. There are a lot of open desert roads that you can get some speed on, they're pretty dusty too. Depending on what time of year you go I'd suggest a reservation as the place fills up. There looked to be good climbing even in the campgrounds. We stayed at Jumbo Rocks. Bring water and water containers as well. A lot of the sites are dry and if they are full you'll be camping back country and will need water.

I would love to be there right now, this is a great time of year to visit.

Rough dirt roads would be perfect since I'm still kinda noobish with the 4WD thing.

Something like this would be awesome!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_RocepSsmo
    Now I'm really stoked to get out there.

I'm mostly stock right now but I'll be doing a little lift and some armor in the near future.
    --------------------<br />slowheelin - a.k.a. Robb<br />93 4Runner V6 5 speed | Procomp shocks | Marlin Crawler Clutch | BFG AT<br />(more to come)

Yep that looks like the one we did. Maybe someone will chime in with a name.

Cool I could do miles of stuff like that! Looks like a blast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast