Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wine

Wine

What are some of your favorite wines to take camping?
    Edit: All right this concept was too crazy for some to wrap their heads around, so what type of wines do you like to drink whenever? YOu can include a food pairing too if you like.

A couple of my favorites are:
    Wildhorse- Pinot Noir (I like just about anything from Wildhorse)
    Wildhorse- Cabernet
    Wildhorse- Chardonnay
    Edna Valley- Chardonnay
    Edna Valley- Pinot Noir (this one is excellent and for some reason is always on sale at my local Ralphs grocery store)
    Cherry Point Vineyards- Gewurztraminer (great refreshing wine for when it is hot out, from Vancouver Island, BC we only have one bottle left )
    Just about anything from Justin Winery
    Castoro Cellars- Merlot

Post up some of your favorites.
    My signature

Re: Wine

sorry, mr. fancy pants beer, beer, beer!

now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    sorry, mr. fancy pants beer, beer, beer!
    now back to your regularly scheduled program...
    I already know what kind of beer I like. Was wondering what wine others are drinking? When we travel we like to wine tast and bring home wine. Makes a good souvenier Way better than that Natty Ice you love so much!
    My signature

haha bob, i'll drink to that! we're barbarians.

never seen anyone take wine camping, but hey, whatever works to make the experience better.

What's wine?

Oh that stuff...
    Wait, camping?

Uh...

Haha just playin. And honestly, I wouldn't know. Are Napa wines any good?

:Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx

never seen anyone take wine camping, but hey, whatever works to make the experience better.
    Maybe it's because I drink wine with my wife, but a good bottle of red wine with a good bbq'd tri-tip is the Honestly, I really didn't drink wine till I started wine tasting and figured out what I liked. Come on there has got to be some wine drinkers here!

Marko, are you kidding about Napa wine?
    My signature

yeah, just giving you a hard time wine: i dont know what i like, but i know what i dont like. and i cant tell you what either of them are either. to me, unless you are into wines, its like classical music: you know what you like when you hear it, but dont know the composer

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Quote Originally Posted by calrockx

Maybe it's because I drink wine with my wife, but a good bottle of red wine with a good bbq'd tri-tip is the Honestly, I really didn't drink wine till I started wine tasting and figured out what I liked. Come on there has got to be some wine drinkers here!

Marko, are you kidding about Napa wine?
    Probably, haha. I live in San Jose and always here about the "awesome" Napa wines on this show named backroads or something like that. And you seem to be quite a seasoned drinker so I seriously wanted to know if you think it's any good.
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

LOL, I don't know how seasoned I am, but yes Napa is a great place for wine. But, it really is about trying them and seeing what you like. It isn't about price, I have had very inexpensive wine that I thought was really good. The best thing to do for your first winetasting, is to go with someone who has been before. I am no where near any expert by any means, but once I figured out that you don't have to know anything to go winetasting, it is really fun. The people "pouring" are there to educated you, they won't make you feel dumb. I thought it was some snobby hobby that people did, but it totally isn't. The only thing about Napa is that it is really crowded.
    My signature

You just became my "pourer" by teaching me something I have 0 clue about wines, so it's a good start. By my luck, if I ever went wine tasting, my pourer would randomly snicker, lol.
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast