Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wine

Re: Wine

Haha, I just read your post in the Pismo thread and saw that you were still in high school. I was also lucky and we have a friend who knows a lot about wine and was always introducing new stuff to me and my wife. I wouldn't drink wine till she had us try some good ones. It also helps that there are so many wineries here within 30 minutes. I haven't even scratched the surface yet.
    My signature

A good red wine is always nice to have along with a big, fat, juicy steak.

I've taken wine camping before, but beer seems to be the better choice. There's just something not right about being dirty and smelly uncorking a bottle of wine with all your buddies around.

Now, replace your buddies with your woman and it becomes a WHOLE other situation.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    A good red wine is always nice to have along with a big, fat, juicy steak.

I've taken wine camping before, but beer seems to be the better choice. There's just something not right about being dirty and smelly uncorking a bottle of wine with all your buddies around.

Now, replace your buddies with your woman and it becomes a WHOLE other situation.
    So true!Okay, I am going to change this to what kind of wine do you like whenever. Remove the camping angle since you guys can't seem to wrap your brains around that one. I will edit the first post.
    My signature

Key thing to remeber with wine is red wine with red meat and white wine with white meat. Also, cheese with wine is also cliche but excellent. My favs are:

Chateau Morisette- sweet mountain laurel
    Pretty much any brand Pinot Gringio(sp?)
    pretty much any brand Blackberry Merlot

Im not much on red wines if you cant tell. I prefer sweet white wines. Just never mix wine and beer unless you like to vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Haha, I just read your post in the Pismo thread and saw that you were still in high school. I was also lucky and we have a friend who knows a lot about wine and was always introducing new stuff to me and my wife. I wouldn't drink wine till she had us try some good ones. It also helps that there are so many wineries here within 30 minutes. I haven't even scratched the surface yet.
    You got me! Haha... But yea, around this age nobody drinks wine. I don't even know if I would have a taste for it...gotta try it sometime.
    :Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

Tourist

Mount Pleasant Ten Bucks...my husband's favorite.

I'm not too picky, something a little sweet, not too dry. Maybe St. James Schoolhouse red or possibly Velvet Red. Oh, and Augusta River Valley Red.
    Most always from a and sometimes while at a local winery. They're getting a little nuts with the bands and noise these days, so mostly at home now.
    I'm not a big fan of white but since we usually have wine with bread and cheese or a red or tomato alfredo pasta it's all good.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Quote Originally Posted by marko3xl3
    You got me! Haha... But yea, around this age nobody drinks wine. I don't even know if I would have a taste for it...gotta try it sometime.
    Oh I know you've probably pounded back some Boons!

Quote Originally Posted by habanero
    Mount Pleasant Ten Bucks...my husband's favorite.

I'm not too picky, something a little sweet, not too dry. Maybe St. James Schoolhouse red or possibly Velvet Red. Oh, and Augusta River Valley Red.
    Most always from a and sometimes while at a local winery. They're getting a little nuts with the bands and noise these days, so mostly at home now.
    I'm not a big fan of white but since we usually have wine with bread and cheese or a red or tomato alfredo pasta it's all good.
    I'm not a big fan of whites either, but since I started tasting, I realized there are some that I like.
    My signature

Tourist

Eww! Boones!

St. James Schoolhouse white's not too dry or bad, and the Ten Bucks is a sparkling white sweeter tasting wine.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

The St. James sounds familiar. I will have to look for it, I too am not a fan of the super dry white wines.
    My signature

Imagine hippy Sasquatch with a bottle of red and Lexan glasses to pour it in running around camp, your house, anywhere, that's me!

First, there is only red. White wine is old water.

Wine and pasta, wine and steak, wine and cleaning chainsaws.

I am a Coppola fan when they are on sale.

Penfolds Shiraz and Shiraz mixes get me too.

Being a student, a good date is a fresh local pie and a good red either on the floor or in the park, bound to start a good evening.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast