Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wine

Re: Wine

I thought I'd add, anybody like, or try mead?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mead

I've been home brewing it for about 2 years now and I have to say, it's easy, and it's a great drink! Takes some getting used to if you're a big fan of wine, but I do have to say, it's a whole new experience.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

This is too funny.

Ok not a big wine drinker by any means. Back in Marko's age loved the Boones and Mad Dog.

Have had a few wines out of Oregon, pretty good.

If Napa is to crowded try Calistoga, Sonoma, St Helena, and what not, lots of little winerys and even some big time ones are scattered around the surrounding areas. Use to go quite often to set up lighting systems in the wine caves.

Reds are ok, but i like Chardonnays. Which is weird cause i like dark, dark,dark beers. Darker the better, Guinness and steak, Red Hook has that cool stout with coffee in it.
    Good Bocks are cool too. Need to get ahold of Sam Adams triple Bock.

Anyone makes it up this way and wants to go "a tastin" let me know don't know where all of them are or even whats good but well have fun one way or the other.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    First, there is only red. White wine is old water.

Wine and pasta, wine and steak, wine and cleaning chainsaws.

2-buck-chuck or something from a box

im in the 'know what i dont like' category, but will try most
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

For reds I like either a Cabernet or Merlot. I usually only drink Chardonnay in a white 'cause I find most others too sweet. I like dry wine! I don't really have favorite brands or vineyards, so I'm always trying something new and different.

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
    - Shannon<br />&#039;99 4Runner SR5, 5 spd, 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Imagine hippy Sasquatch with a bottle of red and Lexan glasses to pour it in running around camp, your house, anywhere, that's me!

First, there is only red. White wine is old water.

Wine and pasta, wine and steak, wine and cleaning chainsaws.

I am a Coppola fan when they are on sale.

Penfolds Shiraz and Shiraz mixes get me too.

Being a student, a good date is a fresh local pie and a good red either on the floor or in the park, bound to start a good evening.
    The funny thing is, there have been many evenings I have been working on the 4runner and my wife opened up a bottle. So I am working and have a wine glass sitting on the bench. Makes for some funny looks from the neighbours. She hates it if I get oil on the glasses though.

Reggie, I didn't take you for a white wine person, I can picture the mad dog but not the boons.

Oly, I haven't tried mash, but would like to.

Enjoyed some JLOHR Seven Oaks Cabernet last night with some pasta and Trader Joes Vodka Sauce. Went very well together.
    My signature

When I eat pasta my wife and I enjoy a Lambruso.
    Cupholder Mod

Riunite on ice...that's nice! :P

My favorite cab right now is 2003 Chateau St. Jean. Awesome with a t-bone. I went there and bought a 2001 bottle of Cinq Cepages when it first debuted for something like $35. Not knowing any better, I opened it. Now its worth close to $90.

Kunde makes a good table red too. La Crema and Kim Crawford Chardonays are nice for whites.

^^^Wife no longer digs the hard stuff, so we always bring wine camping. It's hard to deal with a 3 yr. old in the morning if you have a killer hangover.
    My signature

Cheese mentioned the Penfolds Shiraz, of which I am a fan. My fav types are Syrahs, Cabernets and Shiraz and while any wine aficianado would never admit this, I love blended wines.

My absolute favorite is Rombauer Zinfandel. For wine on the cheap, it's hard to beat Menage Trois from Costco.

So, who can name my beer of choice for Ultimate Yota camping trips?

bella glos 2004 pinot noir
    anything red from girasole winery in great humboldt ca.
    03&#039; 4runner Ltd 4x4 v6 , no running boards , 265/70/17&#039; s real soon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast