Thread: The Wiki...

The Wiki...

So what are you guys using for the wiki? It seems to not be...ya know....working. At least I'm having trouble doing anything to it.

On another note, may I ask why you don't use MediaWiki (the engine behind Wikipedia). If it's a matter of setup, I could help with that (I've setup 1 and a half...1 of them recently). If it's a matter of username integration, perhaps there are some other utilities out there to help?

I'm not sure if this is appropriate here or in a PM. If you'd like to move this into the PM world, delete this thread and PM me.

Thanks.
    -Beau<br /><br />No, I am not actually a doctor...yet.<br />-----------<br />1998 4Runner SR5- 4x4, V6, AT, Factory E-Locker-<br />Mods: Satoshi Grill, Alpine HU, E-Locker Mod -otherwise Stock (for now)<br />To come: Music!, Rear Storage/Audio box/Sleep area, York OBA

Re: The Wiki...

It should be working .What's wrong with it? If you mean you just can't post, well...there's a trick to it.

Actually, that's the main problem with the wiki...you can't just jump right into it. Which turns out to be a good thing, because you have to learn first which, if you get good help from the beginning, will make you a better wiki'er once you get started.

IN fact, that's what I am working on right now, making a bunch of tutorials on making peoples' lives easier about making wiki's. Right now, if you try to create an article, you'll likely run into a lot of headaches.

I do need to hurry up tho huh

As far as not using mediawiki, I don't exactly know, but I think it's because Joomla doesn't support it yet. Don't really matter though, Mediawiki is actually pretty good on it's own. You just have to familiarize yourself with it.
    :Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

Re: The Wiki...

There's no problem with the Wiki we're using - it works fine for those who have the appropriate permissions. We aren't opening it up to everyone until there's some structure in place for it. The decision was made to use the one we have for site integration and access control. We didn't want multiple login screens for the various components, plus this one uses the site CSS for the most part. Also, it uses the same Wiki coding as mediawiki, so if you are fluent in mediawiki authoring, this won't be any stretch.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps