Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP!!! With my Viair compressor/tank combo!

Re: HELP!!! With my Viair compressor/tank combo!

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Wow, its just a compressor. If you cant find it I will send you what you need no cost just shipping. Just PM me, pneumatics are my game.
    Kev to the rescue . . . that's why he made Featured Member even with a Chevy engine
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

LOL, funny. Just willing to help a UY member (its a post thing). Truth be that I once bought three pallets of this kind of stuff for $20 bucks, all brass. It was some time ago.

Which of these kits did you get? The link you posted is to P/N 20005, which comes with the Viair 280C.

As was mentioned before, do not remove the 1/4" NPT safety valve (with the ring loop attached to it) or the 1/4" NPT drain valve (on the bottom of the tank). You want to remove the 1/4" NPT compression fitting from the tank, as it sounds like you simply want to mount your air quick-connect coupler directly the tank. The compression fitting on the tank is for running air line to another location on the truck, such as to a manifold where your ARB locker solenoids would be mounted.

If you indeed have have the P/N 200005 kit (with the Viair 280C compressor), you should only need a male quick-connect coupler and it should thread directly into the tank. If you have one of the other kits with the large compressors (380C or 480C), then you'll need a 1/2" NPT to 1/4" NPT reducing bushing (which will thread into the tank), in addition to the air coupler (which will thread into the reducer bushing).

Quote Originally Posted by tacoclimber
    I was thinking that since the tank has a pressure kill switch to keep the compressor from overfilling it, that the pressure release was just an added thing, and not necessary. Good to know.
    The pressure switch (electrical) signals the compressor relay to open or close the circuit powering the compressor.

The safety valve (mechanical) is in place to protect the compressor in the event that the pressure switch fails and the compressor runs without stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    ...it makes sense that it's 1/8" (now thats hose ID and not thread size)...
    Minor correction, air hose of this size/style is measured by it's outside diameter (OD).
    --- Gary

Sorry if I sounded like an idiot, or didn't clearly articulate what I was dealing with. Like I said...pneumatics are new territory for me.

I figured it all out. Used it today, worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help guys.
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

Cool, good to hear. Any wheeling pics?

Yup... I'll get em up in the next day or so...
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123