Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! With my Viair compressor/tank combo!

Re: HELP!!! With my Viair compressor/tank combo!

Alrighty boys, I think I figured it out, with a little help from you...

I found a 1/8" plug at Home Depot. Gonna plug where the 1/8" hose compression is, and replace the 1/4" pressure relief with a quick release setup. I figure as long as I make sure I release the pressure in the tank when I'm done, I should be good to go.

I think I made a bigger deal out of it that it was. It's my first mod in a while...I'm a little rusty.

Thanks again guys...

I'll update when I get 'er all dialed.
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoclimber

I found a 1/8" plug at Home Depot. Gonna plug where the 1/8" hose compression is, and replace the 1/4" pressure relief with a quick release setup. I figure as long as I make sure I release the pressure in the tank when I'm done, I should be good to go.
    Unless I misunderstand, DO NOT REMOVE THE PRESSURE RELEASE!! It's a safety feature, though you could probably tee it in somewhere else on the pressure side of everything easily enough
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

CJ,

(2X) You don't want to remove the pressure relieve valve.

Either
    - Get a 1/8"male NPT to 1/4" female NPT adapter and use the 1/8" NPT outlet
    - Plug the 1/8" outlet and use a 1/4" T or street T to connect both the pressure relieve and your output to the one port.
    - Or get a 1/8" pressure relieve valve.

HD or lowes should have that stuff, Graingers definitely will.

93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Like Corax said put the pressure release back. It's designed to release the pressure if the tanks fill more than it should (the valve has a set release pressure). A reason for it to over fill is a bad pressure switch. I'd pull out the compression fitting that you spoke of earlier and use that hole.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    CJ,

(2X) You don't want to remove the pressure relieve valve.

Either
    - Get a 1/8"male NPT to 1/4" female NPT adapter and use the 1/8" NPT outlet
    - Plug the 1/8" outlet and use a 1/4" T or street T to connect both the pressure relieve and your output to the one port.
    - Or get a 1/8" pressure relieve valve.

HD or lowes should have that stuff, Graingers definitely will.

I doubt the tank has a 1/8" NPT hole in it, that's way to small. It could have a fitting that accepts and 1/8" hose via compresson fitting though.
    For a 2 gallon tank that things has a bunch of holes in it.

Lowes, HD or even HF have the 2 or 3 parts you need.

So... Removal of pressure release valve: BAD. Got it.

I also grabbed a 1/8" - 1/8" nipple, and found a 1/8" female to 1/4" male adapter, just in case. I'll go that route.

I was thinking that since the tank has a pressure kill switch to keep the compressor from overfilling it, that the pressure release was just an added thing, and not necessary. Good to know.

What if I got a 1/4" T, and came out of the tank with a 1/4" nipple, into the tee, mounted the release valve on the 90 part, and then continued on with the 1/4" quick release?
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

Obviously...this pneumatic stuff's new to me...

Quote Originally Posted by tacoclimber

What if I got a 1/4" T, and came out of the tank with a 1/4" nipple, into the tee, mounted the release valve on the 90 part, and then continued on with the 1/4" quick release?
    I thought I said that? That should work just fine.

Check out fittings on McMaster Carr if you want to see what is available.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Why not use the post that is for taking air out of the tank. Just take off the compreson fitting. That way you're not adding tees and excess fittings.

Wow, its just a compressor. If you cant find it I will send you what you need no cost just shipping. Just PM me, pneumatics are my game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast