Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy giant rabbits Batman.

Holy giant rabbits Batman.

(Getty photo by Sean Gallup / January 15, 2006)
    Karl Szmolinsky, who raises a breed of rabbits called giant grays, shows Robert, an 8.5kg giant gray who is 74cm long and has ears 25.5cm long, in the backyard of his house in Eberswalde, Germany in 2006. Szmolinsky sold eight giant grays to a delegation from North Korea that wanted to raise the breed as a source of meat for the North Korean population. Szmolinsky said his rabbits reach a maximum weight of 10.5 kg (23.1lbs.).

Re: Holy giant rabbits Batman.

I saw that picture last week in a random pic thread. I think it's a chop inless that guy is ubber strong. I'd be wincing a little more if I was holding up a rabbit that heavy. Nevertheless that's a big mofo.

If it's from Getty, I don't think it would've been altered. I got the photo and the caption from the Chicago Tribune which is a reliable source. Other than the fact the rabbit is in front of the guy which could play a little lens trick, I'm pretty confident no photoshop work was done on it.

That rabbit's real. I saw a news story on it. He's holding it like any good fisherman does, closer to the camera so it looks even bigger. It's a huge rabbit though

My brother used to raise rabbits for 4H and he had a Jersey Giant that weighed 13 pounds.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I saw that picture last week in a random pic thread. I think it's a chop inless that guy is ubber strong. I'd be wincing a little more if I was holding up a rabbit that heavy. Nevertheless that's a big mofo.
    Just wait till your kid arrives Mike, that almost 19lb rabbit will be your kid soon. You'll be able to lift the kid like that without wincing when he/she is that heavy.

That rabbit looks much heavier than it is because of the fur. Have you ever seen a skinned rabbit?
    My signature

Yeah I know. My niece turn one on Sunday and she's been a heavy little bugger. 8 months ago I could hold her for quite a while and now my arm and shoulder go limp after 20 minutes. It's a good thing she can stand and walk now.

From what my wife says our little one is getting big. She would know because she's the one carrying it around all day everyday.

Just don't try picking up your kid or niece by the scruff of thier neck!

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Mmmmmmmmmmmm rabbit. Tastes nothing like chicken.

hahaha kevin, i was just going to come in here and post

"Dang, wonder if we could have one of those for x-mas dinner instead of turkey"
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Carry that lucky rabbits foot and there will be no room left in your pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast