Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: 3rd gen 4Runner chop top /exo

Re: 3rd gen 4Runner chop top /exo

tops on, didnt hardly leak sitting but it did in a downpour on the interstate.
    only a little bit from the top corners. I've only got sponge rubber shoved in there right now though until I figure something out.

97 runner and 02 tundy

The rear hatch does just unbolt and I had to turn the wiring harness for it around so that it connects at the top removal point. The headliner was just cut and is fine up front but I havent even tried putting the interior back on the top yet.

made some progress so far this week.

and heres the 4runners little sister that its trying to be like.

Im still trying to figure out how to do the X through the middle behind the front seats.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

pulled it out earlier and hated the top so I cut where all the tubes connect, smashed it down about 2 inches, and rewelded it. But here it is fixed.

The center support came out nice, it goes from one side roof bar through to the opposite slider. And I like the BTF yota emblem there.
    I used a 1 3/4" hole saw top and bottom because you gotta have movement to get it in there. You cant go straight through either, it bends up from the x through the roof and back out again to clear the sunroof hardware. it also comes slightly backwards to the headrests and then back forward with the slant of the front seats. This way the back seats still fold up easily.

seats still fold and the front seats are back where I've always had them.

and finished up the tail light gaurds

So all thats left for now is paint.....

and then tube doors, a tailgate, soft top frame, and soft top....
    97 runner and 02 tundy

got the camera back... finally

Ill try and get some on the tailgate progress this week.

What do you mean wheel it.................. Hell Its been a week and I've already had to repaint part of it.

workin on the tailgate. Taco handle and latches. I cut out the center of my hatch so I wouldnt have to redrill holes for the snaps on the license plate plastic crap. Then I cut a square out of the top-center of it and welded in the taco handle plate I cut from a tailgate.

and yes it open and shuts.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

Do not use a sawzall to cut off the top

there are too many funky layers that grab and when it does it destroys the outer sheel metal, then you have waste an hour fixing crap.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

The whole build is awesome. I am curious though...since you built the tailgate does that mean you scrapped the roof and hatch?
    &#039;00 SR5, &quot;Highlander&quot; <br />Dual Cases, Aisin Hubs, E-Lock&#039;d, Cryo&#039;d, Chromo&#039;d, ARB&#039;d, 315&#039;s, Sonoran Steel Bumper, Lift &amp; UCA&#039;s, 4 Crawl 1&quot; BL, Armored...etc.<br /><br />F-Toy #081 in progress<br />Dual Cases, 30 Splines, 5.71&#039;s, E-lockers, Hydro-Assist, 37&#039;s, DOM Hendrix Chassis, 80Proof, ORS, Sonoran Steel...etc.

Re: Re: 3rd gen 4Runner chop top /exo

yea, my dumbass dropped the top off of the forklift. and I cut up the hatch for the tailgate, gave away the glass for beer, and cant use the hatch because of the tailgate anyway.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

Soft top in the works?
    &#039;00 SR5, &quot;Highlander&quot; <br />Dual Cases, Aisin Hubs, E-Lock&#039;d, Cryo&#039;d, Chromo&#039;d, ARB&#039;d, 315&#039;s, Sonoran Steel Bumper, Lift &amp; UCA&#039;s, 4 Crawl 1&quot; BL, Armored...etc.<br /><br />F-Toy #081 in progress<br />Dual Cases, 30 Splines, 5.71&#039;s, E-lockers, Hydro-Assist, 37&#039;s, DOM Hendrix Chassis, 80Proof, ORS, Sonoran Steel...etc.

as soon as i finish the frame. hopefully
    97 runner and 02 tundy

I cant wait to see the finished product...this thing is lookin mean!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast