Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re: 3rd gen 4Runner chop top /exo

Re: 3rd gen 4Runner chop top /exo

Holy Moses that's sweet! Incredible job. That thing looks sick with a bobbed rear. Unbelievable!

Fink

Re: Re: 3rd gen 4Runner chop top /exo

Right on, looks sweet wish I could do that to mine.
    96 4Runner SR5 B&M trans cooler, H.I.D conversion

Sweet rig Mossy!!!! If I ever make it out to Tennessee (Mom was born there) I'll look you up and we'll wheel the twins!!!

BTW how'd you seal up the tubes thru the roof and still allow the body to flex and move independent of the frame? Or does it? I've read a lot of people complain about the drastic change and rough ride when they welded their sliders to the frame AND the pinch welds on the body. I was wondering if you noticed the same (granted we're talking sliders and not exo, but the end result should be the same). I like your bravery in your fabrication decisions. A man after my own heart!!!!
    I don&#039;t care if you laugh at me or with me, just laugh!!!<br /><br />&#039;97 4Runner, cstm Cougarfreak Exo n traction bar, Hi steer, SAS&#039;ed w/ &#039;81 Waggy D44 (superjoints, Chromos, and Chevy outters, n 4.56&#039;s) rear Ford D60 (35sp chromos, detroit n 4.56&#039;s), 35&quot; BFG Muds, YJ rear springs military wrapped w/ waggy main in front, Chevy 63&quot; springs rear, King air bumps, King 2.5&quot; res. shocks, Marlin 2.28 dual, twin stick.<br /><br />Photo Gallery<br />Cougarfreakphoto.com

They are welded to the roof where they go through, I was gonna try something else but considering its right in the middle of the cab, I didnt want it to leak. There is no way a grommet or caulk would stay sealed with that much movement, and if it did leak it would be filling up the roof and/or pillars. But to be honest, there was a more drastic change when I put in the fror x-member. And it really only vibrates at low idle, other than that I just a creak every now-and-again.

and speakin of bravery, how bout a 2-stage dove-tail keeping the back doors. and a bob.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

SICK!!!! DO IT!!!!!
    I don&#039;t care if you laugh at me or with me, just laugh!!!<br /><br />&#039;97 4Runner, cstm Cougarfreak Exo n traction bar, Hi steer, SAS&#039;ed w/ &#039;81 Waggy D44 (superjoints, Chromos, and Chevy outters, n 4.56&#039;s) rear Ford D60 (35sp chromos, detroit n 4.56&#039;s), 35&quot; BFG Muds, YJ rear springs military wrapped w/ waggy main in front, Chevy 63&quot; springs rear, King air bumps, King 2.5&quot; res. shocks, Marlin 2.28 dual, twin stick.<br /><br />Photo Gallery<br />Cougarfreakphoto.com

Re: 3rd gen 4Runner chop top /exo

very nice fab work. I covet your shop. I'm doing about 90% similar with my truck, check for the thread.

shop doesnt have much in it. Its getting there though.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

i wouldnt call a reasonable amount of space and a LIFT not much. Try working out of a 1 car garage in a small townhome. My neighbors think I'm nuts, but at least they don't complain as long as I don't leave a mess outside the garage.

yea I guess your right. I always forget the lift because Im thinking of a brake for thick steel. Or a bigger plasma, atleast one that works.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

Brad, always wanting what you don't have, any updates on the Runner?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast