Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ: 2009 4 Peaks Clean Up

AZ: 2009 4 Peaks Clean Up

AZ- 2009 4Peaks Clean-Up

The 2009 4Peaks Clean-up will be February 7th, 2009
    Those not familiar with last years effort check out Four Peaks Pickup 2009: http://www.fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/
    Last year the awesome Sheriff mobile was out to help keep things in order

I hope we can get another nearly 300 volunteers out to clean up another 7 tons of trash!! Hopefully there won't be any burnt out FJ Cruisers this year that need to be drug out!

What I need to help out: Gloves, shovels, water, lunch, trash dumpsters, porta-jons, press and anything else you think may help! Just spreading the word on another forum you're on helps immensely!

Thanks for all of your help last year and we hope to see you again this year!!!
    Wil Kuhns<br />Sierra Expeditions <br /><br />The only regrets in life are the risks you didn&#039;t take.<br /><br />Mod Progress Gauge: [|||||||||-] = 90% Complete as of 03 FEB 2008. My Taco&#039;s Garage

Re: AZ: 2009 4 Peaks Clean Up

Thanks Wil!!

See you guys out there!

Some of last years work:

Thanks to our friends at Sierra Expeditions. http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=865"]Folks who want to contribute a couple bucks to the cost of the cleanup can do so at this link.[/URL]

Any money left over will be donated to www.disabledexplorers.com and www.karmaracer.org

I went up to the Four Peaks and Sycamore area today. (the cleanup will be in both areas)
    There is plenty of trash, especially on the sycamore side.

Sadly, the forest service has fenced off almost every area that we cleaned last year. Sad, because closing off areas seems to be the only thing they can do to keep areas clean. Also, this just forces the shooters to other areas to trash. It doesn't prevent it. Nice, because the areas stay clean...

Four Peaks was looking good!

Oh, at first I didn't know where this was (new to AZ), but now I realize I just went shooting at the sycamore area while ago. We brought back 3 garbage bags full of trash and at least made a dent in the area that we shot in.

My wife and I will probably be in. I know some guys at work go shooting there too once in a while so I'll put the word out.

Any of the shooting clubs sponsoring or participating?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Last year the Good Gun Foundation was a big part of it. I'm trying to get some local gun clubs involved as well. I'll be going to a few local gun shops to try and get some interest as well.

Lunch is being taken care of by the Copper State Cruisers!! We'll be grilling up some dogs.
    Thanks,
    Tim

I just picked up a load of water and over a thousand bags from Arizona Clean and Beautiful.

I want folks to have this link. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE LITTERING OR DUMPING KEEP THIS LINK OR TELEPHONE NUMBER HANDY.

http://www.arizonacleanandbeautiful....Form_page.html

The Litter Hotline (1-877-3LITTER)

Once you fill this out the perpetrator will get a letter like this:

Its "just" a letter, but many of these people would not want to get caught and this lets them know that they are being watched. It may not change their mind, but I REALLY do think that it will put enough fear into the perpetrators to think twice before doing it again for fear that they are being watched.

We're getting close to the cleanup. See you next Saturday!
    Things to bring:

-GLOVES
    -A RAKE (for all of the small stuff, shells, glass etc)
    -SUNSCREEN
    -A HAT
    -WATER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast