Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rics Update

Re: Rics Update

Good talking to you last night...again, bummer about your 4runner. On to bigger and better things...Glad you are OK, and that you got your new ride...

Regards,

BWJ
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

ric you plan on selling the front bumper? have someone else carry on the legacy of that runner?
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

BWJ,
    yea it was catching up with you also..

Blake,
    yeppers, the bumpers are sold, they was spoken for once the buyer knew I was ok, lol they are living on.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

who got them? i wanted the front
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

damn ric, really sorry to hear about that, i wish i could have seen your truck before it died! oh well, next best thing is to try and vulture some parts off of it lol! im trying to decide what to do to our 07 sport edition, but i just cant think of what direction to take it, so i will be watching this thread very closely!

glad your okay!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    well new upper and lower control arms, spindle assembly (ball joints to drive flange, including brake components), potentially a new rack, at least new tie rod ends, damage to firewall/wheel well, new wheel and tire. adds up quick. not to mention any unknown frame damage.
    ... Then add in all of the labor time to R&R or R&I everything and it adds up even quicker.

Good to hear you're in one piece and taking everything in stride, Ric!

--- Gary

is there a known problem with the ball joints on that genreation 4runner? My wife drives my kids around in our 01 4runner and i want it to be as safe as possible

Quote Originally Posted by johnny utah
    is there a known problem with the ball joints on that genreation 4runner? My wife drives my kids around in our 01 4runner and i want it to be as safe as possible
    there was a TSB on the lower BJ's a couple years ago, might want to check if your truck had that done at some point.
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

ugh its so sad to see something like that get totalled for something that dosent even look bad. i cant beleive the buy back is $5300 that sounds like bullshit to me. people i know always buy their junk back for under $1000. and 4th gens are nice good luck with it, but ive always liked the 3rd gens more since they still keep that "mini truck" style.

you shoulda bought the 99 back and sased that thing. from the pics i just dont see how that can be totaled
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnny utah
    There was a recall on the BJ's for some years. Many did not qualify for it though. I don't think that normal driving could lead to a BJ failure like this. More than likely it was the harsh weekly punishing Ric put his rig through that led to this level of failure. Many of us are probably in the same boat with ours.

Funny thing is that some people said that this rig was not pushed hard off road... Ric knows what I am talking about.

...Oh and I like the lower control arm skids on the 4th gen already!

Okay I will stop
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast