Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't stick your arm out the window

Re: Don't stick your arm out the window

Seen that before but dont recall where...
    But, Ive been in that spot before, and like others, I bring it right back in and kick myself in the face...

Oh and gary, It did look like he could take another line...

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I didn't mean to sound overly critical (and I've no real room to talk), but I was curious if anyone else thought that the "less-than-favorable" line choice towards the beginning of the video was what eventually put him in that position later on.
    --- Gary

I think he was trying to avoid hitting diffs and axles by choosing his lines. His biggest problem was when he felt the vehicle start to roll, he slammed his brakes. I personaly would have run right down the center.

It all started by taking a Jeep off road

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    I think he was trying to avoid hitting diffs and axles by choosing his lines. His biggest problem was when he felt the vehicle start to roll, he slammed his brakes. I personaly would have run right down the center.

It all started by taking a Jeep off road
    That and he was still pretty new at wheeling.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

when i build a rock rig (or if) i plan on building a bar for the passenger to hold on near the dash, i think Brad did this in the 4runner or somebody did

ive stuck my hand while just touching a rock going around a corner to see how far i was, but it was retarded and i knew i should have kept it in
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Sadly enough, its a reflex and you don't even realize you are doing it. I have been wheeling for a few years now and I have spent tons of time telling people to keep their limbs in the vehicle, both on the trail and on the forum. I have always reminded people over and over about it. Then the last time I rolled my truck before I did the cage, I stuck my leg out to catch myself I didn't decide to do it and to be honest, I don't remember doing it, I just remember realizing I was going over and looking down and being like, "HOLY CRAP! WHY IS MY LEG OUT THERE?!" and I pulled it back in just in time to not get hurt. I am a little easier on people about it since then, because there was no conscious though in my brain to put my leg out and I was horrified when I realized I had.
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

x2 its just a reflex that sometimes you don't realize you're doing. stupid nonetheless! it wouldn't surprise me if i did the same thing but thankfully seeing this might make it a little harder to do without knowing. good thing he pulled it back in and good thing he didn't roll. i saw that almost roll coming as he kept creeping more up the side of the hill.
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

bad line to start with
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12