Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trekker/TrailBlazer Stuff: Good Reading!!

Re: Trekker/TrailBlazer Stuff: Good Reading!!

*?*Can you get me the part # and source info for the weatherstrip for the heater box/duct assemblies? I have our two 2nd-Gen Runners, a customer's 92 P/U and a handful of 83-87 P/U's and Runners all wanting me to tear into their dash systems, clean out years of crud, throw in new seals and rework everything to the new refrigerants. I'm at the point if this keeps up I'll have to work for a shop/employer or open my own side deal.

thanks bud .. i'll have a look at that other site !!

the weather strip is just a "home hardware" product .. easily aquired at any local home depo type store . I dont remember exactly what it was for , but I think it was in the heating/plumbing dept , or maybe windows .

I dont have any pics of the packaging , thats long gone ..Have a look , If you cant find it I will go back and get you the info.

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

should have the roof/topper done tomorrow .. it's been a lot of work .. Chop strand mat , hand layed + rienforcement in stratigic points ..
    I used mutipul layers , stagering the weave , *Kevlar and 4oz woven for the hinge and rear vertical areas (winnabego used wood type stuff ) also the main roof struts/strengtheners have been filled with fiberglass foam sheet (fiberglass specific) for ultamate strength and flexability .

hope to "pop" it from the mold maybe late tomorrow ..

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

Good stuff, I love that you guys are helping to keep these beasties alive.
    (now to find the time to drive my 4runner up for some rear 1/4s)

[offtopic]
    what are your thoughts on the durability and strength of fiberglass bumpers like this?
    [/offtopic]

Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

cant really comment on the product .. really it all depends on all of the composit materials they are using .

I know in our case , We use a specifically "designed" resin , exclusivly . Unlike just a "general purpose" resin , which most manufactures and DIY 's use , our resins are impervious to heat or cold , retaining the same properties in either condition . Flex agents have also been added , as well as shrinkage has virtually been eliminated . I know our products stand up , but I cant really comment on others ..

so , I believe this is the VERY newest NEW Trekker canopy in the world

and out of the mold ..

trimmed and washed

not much happening on the Trekker right now .. I have been focusing on other things ..

but rest assured .. there is Progress and I still WILL have it "driving" this year ..

headliner "pad" is done and ready . I still have to mount the topper/canopy , and build a "transition cover" between the headliner on the cab and on the canopy .

Canopy progress is on going .. and hope to have it done this week ..

blocking the gelcoat , and prepping it for paint

Any chance it could be finished and driven here by May 11th, 2011? [Edit]Registration closed already. It would've make a sweet addition to that. For sure I know a few of us would love to see it at the 2011 PMC Swap Meet. You might even time it right if you submit for an article in 4wdToyotaOwner as Joel Moranton(sp?) attended it this year and coordinates photo shoots sometimes.

no chance what so ever , sorry ..

I will be done this spring , but it is already booked for some shows up this way .. 3 mags , including, toyota owners mag , have expressed interest in photographing and publishing .

so got the roof all prepped and ready for some color ..

I decided to "set" it in place to see what it will look like .. I'm happy .. I still have to perminantally mount it so some of the gaps are not correct , remember , it's just sitting there

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast