Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running 285s with stock wheels and 4.375 bs, the ins and outs

Running 285s with stock wheels and 4.375 bs, the ins and outs

Since I just traded up wheels with Ric and gave him my trd ivan stewarts, im back at the stock wheels and the a arm control issue.

The thing is, if you have long ome shocks like I do and your upper arms touch the coil when fully dropped a 1/4 spacer is still going to have the side lugs hitting the arm even at full droop. Did some minor shaving and they barely touch but it still happens. Mud terrains will give this issue more problems then lets say a nitto or bfg all terrain as their side lugs are a bit smaller and dont stick out such as bfg, firestone, and gy mtrs do.

if you have stock wheels I would definitely not suggest a 1/2 inch spacer as it will give you hardly any thread on the lugs to work with. Either some 1 inch wheel adapters, minorly shaved arms and 1/4 spacer, or full shaved arms from Steve or Ric with no spacer to help out with this issue.

Brian (wabfab) also has some 1 inch and up wheel adapters which will end up being my plan to eleviate this annoying vibration I have with these 1/4 spacers I have.

I hope the mods think that this info is of somewhat help to some. if not then feel free to delete it.

Thought I could help

Blake (neliconcept
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: Running 285s with stock wheels and 4.375 bs, the ins and outs

No Blake good info I'm sure this will be helpful to someone wanting to run OEM wheels with a new lift and tires.

Blake, i never had any vibrations when i ran them wonder whats causing that ? Steve sells the shaved arms, look into that also, or do the wabfab spacers, either one will woek, and work for ever, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I think im gonna go with 1 inch adapters since it should put the wheels out to where the trds were.

yea i had to go with 16x8 with 4.5 inch backspace to clear mine, and it appears that when i fully air down they rub a tiny bit on occasion, nothing to worry about though.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

oem BS is ~4.75...not 4.375. go with 1" spacer...no need to go wider than necessary.
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

from the parts its 4.375, where did you get 4.75 from?

i measured it! where did you get 4.375 from?

if 4.375 were the backspace...then it would fit no problems. remember..the higher the backspace, the less the wheel will stick out.

i think ric had slightly shaved stock arms with 1/4" spacers..? at least thats what i gathered from before...
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

remember that oem wheels are 16x7 and not 16x8, You measured the wrong thing, I got my info from three different parts areas at three different dealerships.

The only person who sells truly SHAVED arms is Sonoran Steel. There is a large bit a metal strategically removed to run 35's. There is cutting, removal and reconstruction.

Wheel spacers are a pain on the front when they are of appreciable size. You are introducing another failure point, moving the wheel away from the bearings and adding scrub radius to an otherwise fine truck.

If you are going to run stock wheels and 285s, get shaved arms, the right wheels or a new plan.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast