Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Running 285s with stock wheels and 4.375 bs, the ins and outs

Re: Running 285s with stock wheels and 4.375 bs, the ins and outs

talking about the fenders. sorry i didnt make that clear
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

and maybe i should just quit this forum if i dont have any technical merit to offer. seems like im not welcome

You are welcome.

I have met you.

You know I am not a jerk in real life.

Those fenders will not give you more clearance between the arm and the wheel.

You started on the right track and I am helping you stay focused.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Are you measuring the backspacing properly? It's from the mounting surface of the wheel to the furthest part out on the outer lip of the wheel (no the flat where the wheel weights are)

http://resources.coker.com/wheel-tec...backspace.html
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Are you measuring the backspacing properly? It's from the mounting surface of the wheel to the furthest part out on the outer lip of the wheel (no the flat where the wheel weights are)

http://resources.coker.com/wheel-tec...backspace.html
    ill measure again tomorrow but I did just that and got 4.38 something close to 4.4 which is why they say 4.375. though it being 16x7 put its closer in then a 16x8 wheel with 4.5

I know Adrian. Just feel like im getting things from all different directions. right now the wheel with the 1/4 spacers is fine. When it rubs, it shouldnt rub, its due to the shocks overextending the arms which is why I guess I should change shocks out to the green tokicos, I remember Andy saying this before when he grenaded some CVs due to the fact.

I thought a 1 inch wheel adapter however wouldnt put too much stress on the front inless made bigger. that would give me the needed clearance and would keep me from rubbing the fenders as when I had the trd wheels.

However I still do have my front sway on and it limits up travel I think.

Upper arms are the answer but 100 from Ric is the cheapest you will see them and as you stated they are only for running stock wheels and 285s, not running 315s.

Its a confusion, I want to run the TC or camburg setup sooner then later and I just want something to eleviate the issue for only a set amount of time.

what exactly do you want to do with your truck? Is it a street queen? Do you want to LT it? Is it a daily driver used for some light to moderate wheeling???

you had a solution by getting the 16x8 with 4.5 but you decided to get rid of the wheels to buy 16x7 w/4.375 which in my opinion was a stupid choice....unless you are going to widen them and bead lock them just like charles did.

Now with taht being said, yes you can get new shocks and not have them overexted, or you can buy limiting straps.

I thought sway bars help with articulation and not limit up travel? If anything I would think it limits down travel, but I may be wrong.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

The arms Ric sells are not the same as the arms Sonoran Steel sells.

The amount of steel that needs to be removed is significant.

Sonoran Steel has a proven product for solving this problem if you wheel the truck.

Even a standard upper arm from Inland Trucks or Total Chaos, not the full LT kit, could help clearance.

You are welcome here and are making a cont, lets make it all the way to contribution!
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Matt. My runner was and never will be a street queen, yes its a 2wd but I think im one of those few guys that wheels a 2wd but to the limits and knows the set limit and doesnt break whatever

Adrian yeah I have been thinking about some aftermarket

Camburg
    ATS
    Inland
    Donahoe
    Total Chaos
    All Pro

good arms

I didnt tell this to anybody before, I did have my truck in a rally race 3 months ago up in Clemson SC, their were some truggies and buggies and crap in the class that I was in. I was running 8th but I destroyed spindle. My bro also entered in our 1997 subaru impreza that we built up and he won his class.

I like driving fast and Id like to do some offroad racing. I also want to be able to get places for my expeditions and traveling. (which is why Id need 4wd with LT)

as far as contributions, I dont think I have really made any to this thread

FYI...ATS went out of business a couple of years ago. Inland Trucks was still selling their design last I saw. The ATS-type arms would help with the clearance issue but they did create a new problem with the upper balljoint. I had the original ATS arms but now have the Sonoran Steel shaved arms. Since the swap I have had zero problems.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    FYI...ATS went out of business a couple of years ago. Inland Trucks was still selling their design last I saw. The ATS-type arms would help with the clearance issue but they did create a new problem with the upper balljoint. I had the original ATS arms but now have the Sonoran Steel shaved arms. Since the swap I have had zero problems.
    I didnt know that, thanks for the info. I gotta figure out why Im vibrating at 50mph though. its kinda annoying. I think I need to put the front wheels on again and star the lugs slowely (spacers)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast