Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd gen rear armor

3rd gen rear armor

Recently went on an socalfjcruiserforums event(cleghorn trail to silver lake to lake arrowhead) and noticed everyone bashing up there rigs in the same spot..lower link mount.

So got me thinking bot getting some of these, but not sure anyone makes them for 3rd gen T4s.

http://www.chaosfab.com/product/acce...rear/40080.jpg

these look interesting as well:

http://www.chaosfab.com/toyaccess_taco.html

and then i came across these:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Any owners of these products here?
    3GT4SCLT; need rear suspension stat!

Re: 3rd gen rear armor

the lower shock mounts on a 3rd gen are a bit low, but being so close to the tire, you should not be hitting them on too much stuff with the correct lines. sometimes it is unavoidable, especially in rock gardens like gold mountain and holcomb creek.

the only one ive done research on is the skids from toytec, but that doesnt really help with the lower shocks in any way, so im not sure why that is in here. you could fab up some brackets to shield the lower shock eye, but im not sure there is really a need. ive had mine over a few rocks, and the bolts are still in good shape.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

yeah i just bash my lower drag link mounts.

The lower link skids look very beef and I'm sure they are considering the price. I'd weld some angle iron on mine before I spent that much though. I think it would be pretty easy to make a little basket to protect what your talking about.

So they were hitting the mount for the shock? From the front it's the shock and the bolt that is in the danger zone. I'd be worried for the shock and less about the bolt. The mount off the housing and stud for the shock seem pretty protected.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    yeah i just bash my lower drag link mounts.
    You have to make some armour. Mine are ok and I've only had them tested once. Something professional would have a little more curve to it and fit a lot better than what I made.

knock on wood, but ive never touched my links in all my bashing around big bear. i will be fitting some angle to mine one of these days, but i am in no hurry. most of my wheelin these days is expedition type stuff so no need really. my link mounts are a different story and are pretty flattened out now, some stregthening there might come pretty soon, since ill be down there for the gas tank skid anyways.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Simple solution : Leaf springs
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    No thanks

shoots! thats what i meant...LOWER LINK MOUNTS
    3GT4SCLT; need rear suspension stat!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    you mean like on a jeep? :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast