Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *You guys know about this yet* 2001-2004 Tacoma's added to Frame Recall

Re: *You guys know about this yet* 2001-2004 Tacoma's added to Frame Recall

I think it has to do with the fact that they were made here by Dana and instead of just denying it the took action.

But the jap trucks that were imported from 80+ all tended to rust out ont he cab mounts and frame. My truck is fine perhaps it received a different treatment or something. What little rust I had was all surface and I painted over it with that rust spray stuff.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I just called the help line, they registered me with my truck (i'm not the original owner) and said i should received a letter within a week, then I take it to the dealer and they will inspect it.

Sometimes living in Texas is nice. Trucks down here don't rust unless you get them in the salt water on the gulf coast. Has anyone here actually taken their Tacoma to the dealer yet and had the treatment? How did it go?
    -1996 Toyota 4Runner 4WD LTD-
    -Warm Gray Metallic-

Quote Originally Posted by MSWFox
    Sometimes living in Texas is nice. Trucks down here don't rust unless you get them in the salt water on the gulf coast. Has anyone here actually taken their Tacoma to the dealer yet and had the treatment? How did it go?
    i'm actually doing that tomorrow

ok, i went in and they inspected it, then they told me there is no rust which i already knew. then they told me that they are currently trying to get the epa to approve the chemical they are gonna treat the frames with. they are suppose to call when that happens then i can go back in and they will treat the frame for free. So i would call your dealer before you make a trip there just for that

T100s were also made in Japan I thought.
    I recall they had the maximum size at which not to get dinged for import taxes to protect the 'big 3' at the time.

I am glad the 4Runners have JT vin numbers. They do seem to have fewer issues.
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Ya T100s were made in japan.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12