Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAS T100

SAS T100

Hello all. My name is Joey. I live in Eureka Ca. Im new to this site obviously so hi to everyone that readds this.
    I own a 95 T100 SR5 x-tra cab.
    I purchased a chevy dana44 from Extreme Gear offroad. The axle has 5.29 gears in it.
    My question is, what type of shocks are used by otherpeople that have done a T100 SAS. I know the size of spring I want, but im unsure what length of spring people have used. I assume its a 52 or 54 inch spring but i wanted to ask to be sure.
    My other question is about the front 2 feet of a T100 frame. The last two feet of the frame is half the thickness of the rest of the frame. This area is obviously not made to have the weight of the viechle on it. But since the spring mount has to be welded to that area of the frame, im curious to what people have done to strengthen that area of the frame. I have thought about it and was planning on just reinforcing it with a 2 foot piece of stell and make it look as pretty as i could. I am juswt wondering what others have done before I make a final choice.
    Any information on the above issues or anything else I might run into when doing the SAS would be greatly appreciated.
    I am going to be doing the whole swap myself and im far from a expert. Thanks and I hope everyone has info to share.
    Dont be angry when  you get what you voted for...

Re: SAS T100

I'm new to Toyotas, but a few of the builds that I've done on other trucks have had a similar deal. If it doesnt interfere with your mounting tabs, then you should be able to box that section of frame in and make it plenty strong. As long as you're down there with your welder, it couldn't hurt to weld a couple of gussets to any permanent forward crossmembers.
    &quot;Did your parents have any children that lived?&quot;<br />&quot;Sir, yes, sir!&quot;<br />&quot;I&#039;ll bet they regret that!&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by YotaT10095
    Hello all. My name is Joey. I live in Eureka Ca. Im new to this site obviously so hi to everyone that readds this.
    I own a 95 T100 SR5 x-tra cab.
    I purchased a chevy dana44 from Extreme Gear offroad. The axle has 5.29 gears in it.
    My question is, what type of shocks are used by otherpeople that have done a T100 SAS. I know the size of spring I want, but im unsure what length of spring people have used. I assume its a 52 or 54 inch spring but i wanted to ask to be sure.
    My other question is about the front 2 feet of a T100 frame. The last two feet of the frame is half the thickness of the rest of the frame. This area is obviously not made to have the weight of the viechle on it. But since the spring mount has to be welded to that area of the frame, im curious to what people have done to strengthen that area of the frame. I have thought about it and was planning on just reinforcing it with a 2 foot piece of stell and make it look as pretty as i could. I am juswt wondering what others have done before I make a final choice.
    Any information on the above issues or anything else I might run into when doing the SAS would be greatly appreciated.
    I am going to be doing the whole swap myself and im far from a expert. Thanks and I hope everyone has info to share.
    Welcome to UY. You can plate the frame, just cut a piece of steel to double the wall thickness, then Weld it. Its sounds like you need to get 5.29's for the rear too. I would throw a set of rear toyota springs up front, around 56". As far as shocks, I would wait to buy them cause you really won't know the length until your done.

Ditto what 4runnerchevy said. But to get an idea of what shocks are out there, check out the SAS kits from marlin, Tg, all pro, etc. They have instructions on how to install them and that can help you out. For example, you can get long shock hoops or shorter ones. The shorter ones (thus, shorter shocks) will give you less travel, but you won't have to cut into your fender.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Thanks for the replies. I have 5.29 gears in the rear so im good there. I didnt mention this in the first post but I should of. I have a set of front and rear springs from Superlift. They were made for chevy and are 10 inch lift springs. They are in there package still. I was going to put those on but I wasnt sure if 54 inches was a close enough length. SInce you said around 56 inches i assume 54 is allright. I have a set of SideBiters wheels from Mickey Thompson they are 18x9. They have 39 inch Pittbull tires on them allready I was hopeing to be able to put thoise on and save money. Sounds like I should have no problem with 39" tires since i will be around 12 inches of lift after the shackles and custom hanger, assuming i put the superlift springs on.
    As far as the frame thanks for for the reasurance on just reinforcing it.

Another question I have.... is...... I have 2 double cardon CV driveshafts. I have never installed on or even seen one installed. I hear they are way easier for big lifts and high driveshaft angles. How tough is it going to be to get my rear of my t100 dialed in at the right angle with my new diveshaft? I was hopeing to run into someone that has installed a double cardon cv driveshaft. Any advice on that subject would be greatly appreciated.

Dont be angry when&nbsp; you get what you voted for...

Wow 10" superlift springs. Sounds like a very rough ride. Superlift=stiff street wheeler rigs. I would use the mainleafs and put some softer ride springs in the pack.

10" lift springs for a chevy = "That's a huge bitch!"
    My signature

If they are 63" rears then he has a good mainleaf to start with, even if its mondo thick. I don't even think my total lift is above 6".

Dialing in angles for driveshafts aren't too bad. You'll just need to either weld the spring perches on right or go with wedges.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...line-101.shtml

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/Shims.shtml
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I know everyone keeps telling me how stiff its going to be. My original plan was to use Skyjackers 8 inch soft ride springs. I heard they are very good. With these 8 inch springs and another 2 inches from the shackles and front hanger i should have a big lift and a much softer ride campared to 10 inch superlift springs. IDK what to do to be honest I have a 5 inch superlift on my truck no and its not even close to the height i want.......
    Dont be angry when&nbsp; you get what you voted for...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast