Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SAS T100

Re: SAS T100

A couple questions to ask to help get and idea what you are building here.

What is you idea for this build?
    Are you swapping in a solid axle to build a capable wheeler, or is this more of a "looks" truck?
    Do you want a suspension system or just "lift numbers"?

Ahh... I see you just added and avitar pic. That gives a better idea on what sort of truck this is... Are those chrome shocks?
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

I have a dana 44 from extremem gear im puting in. I want a capable wheelin and a looks truck. I want a truck that can do both. I know a huge lift isnt the best for wheelin but it can be done. Im not going to have a locer in either diff since I will drive it alot in town....
    thanks for the replies everyone
    Dont be angry when&nbsp; you get what you voted for...

I see. One thing to think about, wheeling a Toyota with 12+ inches of lift and no flex (10" superlift chevy springs), increases your likely hood of flopping greatly. Totally ruining you looks truck.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

I know lol. I dont plan on doing anything that will roll me over. My fingers are crossed. I think the overall stiffness of the ride will be better if i go with 8 inch soft ride skyjacker springs. Still a big lift, but definatly softer than superlift 10 inch springs.

Another question I have is about spring rates. What is a good spring rate for a very very very soft ride. I want to look around for some springs and compare them in contrast to size of lift and spring rate. thanks

I dont really know about actual spring rates. But if you still want big lift and chevy springs, try to find someone who makes rock crawling springs for a full size. I know there are some people out there that do, I just cant think of them.

Another thing to try is to find a custom spring maker in your area to make you a custom set of leafs. They can make any lift height/spring rate combo you can think of. It will cost you a little more, but will be worth it.
    The best one in the San Diego area are these guys, National Spring. http://www.nationalsprings.com/

Oh cool, thanks for the link. I live in Humboldt county. So the options on fab shops here is one lol. And our junk ard is garbage! I saw a truck with 8 inch skyjacker springs from a chevy and he said it wasnt stiff at all........ even after his 3 inch shackles totaling 11 inches. I was going to take his word for it, but everyone else seems to think its going to be really really really stiff

Well stiff is relative. He may be comparing the skyjackers to superlifts or something like that. Try taking your G-ma for a ride and see if she says its stiff compared to her caddy.
    For a more realistic comparison, try comparing those to some real flexy crawler springs. Your chevy springs might give and "ok" ride, but will they give you any articulation at all. If you want a wheeler, your suspension needs to be able to move a little.

Sounds like he wants to power through mud, so stiffies might be what he's looking for. If you already have the springs, go for it. You can always change em out later for some frankensteins or name brand flexies.

Ya i have springs and i think im going to just go with them and worst case scenerio i have to throw down 600 dollars on new ones. One more thing is I am going to have 6 shocks up front, im not sure if this is going to make a difference but thats that plan. And there is going to be 4 shocks in the rear.
    I think im just going to concentrate on getting the axle swap done with the springs i have since it seems to me stifness is a term that differs from person to person and it all comes down to opinion. Its not like its hard to swap out springs. thanks for all the replies.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast