Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T100 Engine Swap to V8

T100 Engine Swap to V8

I am curious to what the possibilities are of puting a Tundra iForce V8 into a T100. Ive never heard of anyone doing it, but I know its possible. I want to try it and i know almost nothing about thast kind of fabrication. Anyways....lets hear everyones thoughts and problems that might accur.
    Dont be angry when  you get what you voted for...

Re: T100 Engine Swap to V8

I would like to see it done, which I am sure it has been. Brush up on your fab skills, cause I don't think there are very many swap parts out there.

Well thanks for the response lol. But that was not what I was hoping to hear lol.
    Well i will start looking into the iForce engine to get all the specs and compare to start i guess.
    Dont be angry when  you get what you voted for...

Just go get your self a big twin carb 502 BBC. That will make more horsepower anyway. And Its better for mudbogging
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    Just go get your self a big twin carb 502 BBC. That will make more horsepower anyway. And Its better for mudbogging
    Probably cheaper. Go to pirate and ask about the Toyota V8 swap. Don't bother searching

big twin carb 502 hmmmm? never even heard of it lol.
    Pirate has info on V8 swaps.....thanks for the info. An Iforce with 50K is around 7000
    little much lol.
    Dont be angry when&nbsp; you get what you voted for...

Your looking for the V8 4.7(2UZ-FE) ir the bigger 5.7(3UR-FE). I know some Supra people who are putting them in Unibody supras, so search there also. Also search the Lexus groups.

Okay thanks..... In a Supra huh thats kinda crazy lol. I just looked at pirate and couldnt find anything i didnt know allready, but they have a million topics it will take a while to look through them all. thanks again for the info.
    Dont be angry when&nbsp; you get what you voted for...

Here, I don't have to wait for searching on pirate

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ghlight=2uz+fe

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ghlight=2uz+fe

Lots of other links in these threads

I would also check www.uzswap.com and www.lextreme.com. Both are websites dedicated to the uz series of V8 motors (4.0 1uz, 4.7 2uz, and 4.3 3uz).

Some folks have swapped the 1uz motor into thier 4runners, pickups, or various other projects. They are fairly cheap (especially the 1uz) and are well build motors. If you wanted some extra power, you could buy a 4.7 and drop a TRD supercharger on it. If you do though, I would recomend upgrading the connecting rods, especially if you increase boost. Lextreme sells the connecting rods.

What motor is in your T100? 3.0 or 3.4?

For less than 7k, you can also buy a blue printed and stroked 5.2L uz motor.

Just my $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Probably cheaper. Go to pirate and ask about the Toyota V8 swap. Don't bother searching
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast