Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T100 Engine Swap to V8

Re: T100 Engine Swap to V8

More of these questions...

[me=Scuba]hides...[/me]

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by YotaT10095
    I am curious to what the possibilities are of puting a Tundra iForce V8 into a T100. Ive never heard of anyone doing it, but I know its possible. I want to try it and i know almost nothing about thast kind of fabrication. Anyways....lets hear everyones thoughts and problems that might accur.
    I think this is a major obstacle....

I'm not hear to squash dreams, but how do you know its possible?

I think that, truly, if you are not willing to do some SERIOUS learning, and some SERIOUS fabbing, and have some SERIOUS downtime on your truck, then you should look more into what shop will do this swap for you, as opposed to how you yourself can do it. Just talk to Cebby about how these projects can hang up and take a long time.... or GoodTimes for that matter.

That being said... I wish you all the luck in the world in getting this going, and hope it works well, and you keep us updated.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Thanks for the site and replies.
    I have a 3.4 motor in my truck. I am just curious to other options as soon as i finish my sas. I have heard of people doing a V8 swap into a T100, just dont know exactly what engine or anything at that matter.
    Down time isnt a problem. Its a toy truck, and worst case scenerio is i get it towed to the shop if i decide its taking to long.
    I read a bunch on the 5.7 engine and i found one person that did the swap and he said it was fairly easy, just have to locate adapter and little parts like that. As far a fabbing goes its not anything you have to be an expert for. He is only one person though and i have trouble taking his word for it.
    I will look at all the sites you all have sent me and hopefully i figure out exactly what i need to know thanks.
    Dont be angry when&nbsp; you get what you voted for...

It sounds like your fishing, and I hope you land the big one. Good luck

Im not fishing. I have as much money as anyone could ever need to work on my truck. I am going to do these things to my truck. I know nothing about engines though. I wish there was an exact list of things i need to do a V8 swap, or someone that could actually physically help me. I live somewhere were there is absolutely no help. The more I read, the more a 5.7 engine from a tundra seems right. I am looking for a deal on one. I assume getting an engine is were i should start.

you might find something here for domestic v8 swaps
    http://advanceadapters.com/
    My signature

Thanks for the link. I never thought of puting a Chevy block in my truck, seems much easier than a tundra 5.7 and cheaper. Do you know if a small block 350 would work? I have a crate motor 350 from GM I would use that if I could and save $$$. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Yes an SBC will work in your truck and yes it has been done. You can go with the toy tranny or a GM tranny. If you go this route, let me know, I have a little experience with these things.

Sweet.... How does this effect the CPU or ECU in my toyota?
    I saw a ton of adapters on the site earlier in the post.

It doesn't affect your Toyota ECU, you will probably be able to take it out. What Year SBC ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast