Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Master Cylinder upgrade?

Master Cylinder upgrade?

looking for info on master cylinder upgrades. I know about the 1" master cylinders that AllPro and Marlin sell (which is a '93-'94 Landcruiser non-ABS master - stock is a 13/16" bore). Basically I'm looking for a firmer pedal, I replaced my master cyl about 2 years ago, so that's not my problem and I bleed/change the fluid out once a year. Does anyone know what other master cylinders will fit the 4 post mount on the brake booster? Links? I've been looking around the other sites and can't really find any interchange info. I've heard early 90's 4runners also had a 1" bore, but that there was also a 15/16" bore available somewhere.

I am planning on swapping on a set of T100 "finned" calipers in the near future with the same size pistons (vs. one smaller piston/one larger piston on the stock calipers), so I really want the larger master cyl volume before I do that.

I did find this thread - and I'm hoping 4runnerChevy can remember what year Supra the 15/16" bore came out of
    Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    . . . the 15/16 is probably from a Supra, and the 13/16 is from a 22RE. I used a 15/16 until I upgraded to my Landcruiser MC (with the residual built in).
    If I can find some good info, I'll put together a write-up with the different options and sizes available.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: Master Cylinder upgrade?

Well Kieth, I used a 1983 Supra MC. Once aopn a time. I believe 04RockoTaco has it now, otherwise i'd sent it to you. I'll look though. I believe it might have the studs on the MC, not sure. It was an easy mod though.

Cool, thanks.

looks like 93-95 MR2 master cylinder was also 15/16" and 91-92 was 7/8" with 4 post mounting

One of the best upgrades I have done. The MC, the prop valve, and disks in rear

Well Keith, I used a 1983 Supra MC. Once upon a time.
    checked napaonline . . . '83 Celica Supra used a 15/16" MC with 4 hole mount. Thanks much, it looks like my options are expanding. did you have the 1" or 15/16" MC with rear drums? I just don't want to go overboard with the typical "bigger is better" - - - like the Chevy truck MC swap from RockStomper would be too much

(manual prop valve is also in the works for the rear . . .)

*edit*
    86.5 - 89 Supra = 1" bore, 4 hole mount
    82- 86.5 CelicaSupra = 15/16" bore, 4 hole mount
    86 - 89 4runner = 13/16" bore, 4 hole mount
    90-95 4runner = 1" bore, 4 hole mount
    96 - ? 4runner = 1" bore, 2 hole mount
    ~91 - 95 MR2 = 7/8" bore, 4 hole mount

I believe I had the stock MC for drums. When I changed to disks, is when I went with the Supra master. Its been a long time, so I am trying to jog my brain. Remember that it takes less fluid for drums, than disks. I think you will do great with the 15/16 bore, and they are not that exspensive

I'm running chevy discs in the rear and larger calipers/rotors up front. To get good pedal pressure I am using the LC master. Works great and is an almost direct swap in. Also using a manual prop valve to the rear.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

i have the MC from all pro for sale currently, brand new, never used... got it with my disc swap... didnt need to use it, let me know if your interested in in.
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

The LC master cylinder was a direct swap for my runner. I used a V6 brake booster too. eventually I installed rear discs as well. It was simple to accomplish and the benefit is well worth it.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

[quote=corax ]
    W I just don't want to go overboard with the typical "bigger is better" - - - like the Chevy truck MC swap from RockStomper would be too much
    I tried the LC master cylinder and could barely tell a difference. I ended up going with the Rockstomper adapter and 1 ton chevy MC.
    &#39;08 F-250 (work truck) &#39;08 Armada LE (wife&#39;s truck) &#39;94 4Runner on Mog 404&#39;s (money pit) &#39;55 Bel Air (family heirloom) &#39;64 Pontiac LeMans (family heirloom) Scorpa SY-250, &#39;08 TTR110 (daughter&#39;s bike) &#39;02 PW 50 (daughter&#39;s bike) &#39;02 XR 50 (son&#39;s bike)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast