Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New years in ocotillo wells

New years in ocotillo wells

Not much of a trail report...

Frame is cracked...weak sauces...

I hit a rhino doin 20-25, The 15 year old girl thought it would be a good idea to stop in the middle of shell reef expressway in a dust cloud...

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: New years in ocotillo wells

crap wth! your frame is cracked? do they inspect for that in cali or can you weld her up and have a drivable truck?
    what else is busted and how is your insurance taking this?

she kinda looks like she wants some flared fiberglass fenders and a junkyard door.

also i take it that you and the girl are fine right?

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    crap wth! your frame is cracked? do they inspect for that in cali or can you weld her up and have a drivable truck?
    what else is busted and how is your insurance taking this?

she kinda looks like she wants some flared fiberglass fenders and a junkyard door.
    Dude, Dumb 15 year old...idk...
    If the radiator wasnt busted, It would have been driveable and i would have been mobbin it up after this...Thank god a buddy of mine had an empty trailer...
    BAH, dude, thats what everyone keeps saying, new door from a bone yard and some glass fenders and youll be set !!
    I just got back tonight, havent even told the parents yet...

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

dang!!!! Was the chick still in the rhino when you hit? How does the rhino look?
    My signature

yea she was there, her tub of lard of a passenger had a bloddy nose, that was the only injury...
    Her parents started yelling at me, even after their daughter said she stopped in the middle of a dust cloudd...

The rhino is fubar'ed, its front passenger side was DONT..you could see the CV just chillin...
    I dont have pics of it...

oh and strap your bumper to a rock and then back up a bit to straighten it. thats what i did to mine and you know my bumper bring all the girls to the yard.

yeah i can imagine a rhino in poor visibility would be near invisible.

crap radiator too? insurance doing anything for you?

yea radiator was busted, I figured it was fibreglass from the front end of the rhino....I got to limp back to camp, thankfully a buddy of mine had a trailer so we could get it home...
    Like I said buddy, I havent told the rents, but as soon as I do ill figure out what were going to do...I asked my mom about the new policy we got since we moved here to cali, she said we do have full coverage on my truck...so Ill keep everyone updated...

Not to be a dick, but I know that area very well....well enough to know if you are doing 25mph there on a holiday weekend you are asking for an accident. The dust gets thick, and you cant see more than 15-20 feet ahead of you...not enough time to stop.

Just glad everyone is ok.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

I took me awhile to realize you didn't hit a real rhino like the animal.

Glad everyone is ok, weekend could have been a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I took me awhile to realize you didn't hit a real rhino like the animal.
    That was my immediate reaction as well. What the heck is a Rhino doing running around Ocotillo Wells? To be honest, I think a Rhinoceros would have caused more damage. Sorry to hear about the carnage, glad to hear nobody was hurt. This is why we have insurance. There isn't any reason I can think of that insurance wouldn't cover the damage as long as you have full coverage. Don't hesitate to make that call. Some polices require you report it within a certain time span.
    T4Rfun<br />aka-Chris<br /><br />TOTAL CHAOS FABRICATION - KING SHOCKS - SHROCKWORKS 4X4 PRODUCTS - EQUIPT EXPEDITION OUTFITTERS - BUDBUILT - GOODYEAR - PIAA - PERMA-COOL - WARN - AMSTEEL BLUE - COBRA<br /><br />

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast