Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: superflow, mv-50, little red pump tear down

Re: superflow, mv-50, little red pump tear down

Wow, that thing is tiny. My daughter needs her tires blown up on her 10" bike / with training wheels, can you help !

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162

must be the conditions out here. the poor thing is usually used out in the desert. my black car gets instantly dusty when im done washing it. a shine used to last weeks back home in the east
    Gotta be, cause mine are both fine.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Wow, that thing is tiny. My daughter needs her tires blown up on her 10" bike / with training wheels, can you help !
    Haha, that thing is actually pretty good size. Just the same as the typical viar compressor. Really puts out some volume too.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

So far I like mine, I tapped it for a regular fitting and it puts out way more air, only drawback to that is I think I need a regulator or something b/c it will just build pressure period and Im afraid it will blow.

You can wire in a pressure switch or use a blow off valve like I did.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/DSC06322.jpg[/img]

It's weird. Sometimes the thing will blow off and just leak down, other times it will pop, stop, opo, stop, pop. The pressure gets released then it builds up then released and so on. The valve is a fixed one set at 115 psi. I've never had a problem with it and it was cheap compared to the viair wired pressure switch.

I should really do that, b/c mine will build up to 150psi + and run fine but I fear Im damaging it.

I think ill get one for 120psi or so..

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    So far I like mine, I tapped it for a regular fitting and it puts out way more air, only drawback to that is I think I need a regulator or something b/c it will just build pressure period and Im afraid it will blow.
    hmmm your getting more air out of it with some new plumbing? can you post some pictures of what you have done? this sounds like some good stuff to try!

I plumbed mine for regular NPT fittings as well. With a blow gun on the end of the blue hose the free flow air is about 10 over what it was stock. I don't know the exact psi numbers but it's more but I think it's mostly because of the larger diameter hose. my fittings are 1/4" NPT.

All I did was take a 1/4" NPT tap and tapped it out, then I took a female coupler and put it on, nothing fancy-it works. The only thing I noticed was that one I had previously drilled out one of them (I have 2 b/c of this mess up) I went slightly off kilter and it leaked. It also built up so much pressure it flung the coupler off.

I remedied the coupler issue flying off with some JB weld and my 2nd one I did this mod to has been fine, but like I said it build up to much pressure. Output is insane tho, the unit gets hot to the touch after 3-5 mins.

You can pick up the tap at lowes, home depot didnt have it.

I think the outputs more b/c of the larger hose and the coupler is larger diameter than the stock stuff (which is some kinda asian fitting btw).

Like CJM said the head gets hot. Anything metal to thread into it get's just as hot, especially if it's brass. I used the black leader hose because of the heat. It's a heavy rubber hose and it'll withstand the heat better than the vinyl hose I plug into it. Last thing you want is to melt your hose one tire into airing up. I only have one air up on this setup as I installed a York underhood. This is backup and for the other vehicle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast