Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: superflow, mv-50, little red pump tear down

Re: superflow, mv-50, little red pump tear down

Oh it does get really hot, I never melted a hose b/c the hose sticks out far enough away from the body b/c of the quick fitting on its end.

Even so it gets really hot. Im highly considering one of those pump 12vs, alternatively for 300 I can get a 2 gallon tank and 12v comp like we use in our work trucks, it pumps out enough to use an impact for a bit.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

It's cleaned up a lot more now. Plus I have dual optimas back there also. I'm using a ford starter solenoid to switch the compressors on and off. the solenoid is switched up in the cab. I took the aligator clips off the ground side of the compressors and hard wired those to the battery.

Also i was having a problem with the compressor on the right always losing air once i turned the compressor off. after returning it 3 times and getting a brand new one each time i had to accept it. So i put a one way check valve in directly after the compressors join lines. Fast forward 2 years, one day i got a wild hair and decided to mess with it. I tightened down the head bolts (which were LOOSE) and wa-la, no more leak.

I really should put a pop-off valve on there somewhere on the compressor side. I've never let it go out of control though and get over 120 PSI
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

WHAT? Your guy's came with a filter?!?!? I must have picked up the wrong box and just got screwed. Mine had a leaking gasket on the head and no filter. I noticed the gasket after the 30 day return policy, but luckily I was able to seal it up with RTV.

I really like the tank setups, I should try that out some time. I always wish I could air up faster, it takes exactly half an hour to fill my 33X10.5s from 10PSI to 35PSI.

Quote Originally Posted by strykersd
    WHAT? Your guy's came with a filter?!?!? I must have picked up the wrong box and just got screwed. Mine had a leaking gasket on the head and no filter. I noticed the gasket after the 30 day return policy, but luckily I was able to seal it up with RTV.

I really like the tank setups, I should try that out some time. I always wish I could air up faster, it takes exactly half an hour to fill my 33X10.5s from 10PSI to 35PSI.
    Try doing the mod with the regular output and not that cheesy thing, trust me it works so much better.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

just an update concerning the thermal compound i put on the jug fins. it really has made a difference. before i did it the coupler would be too hot to unhook the hose after doing 4 tires. now its still dang hot but i even i can take it off lol. more heat is definitely being dispersed by those fins now.

Quick tutorial on pneumatics.

There are two different measurements you need to be concerned with, one is pressure and the other is flow. You all know pressure, PSI. This is the amount of force exerted onto a surface so at 10 psi it's like having a 10 pound weight on every square inch of surface exposed to the pressure.

Flow is the volume of air moving past a given point. So you can have 1 cubic foot of air per minute moving past a point in the air line. The kicker is that you can have 1 cubic foot moving past that point at 1 psi or 100 psi, either way it's still 1 cubic foot of air moving past that point per minute.

Now, when you enlarge things like hoses and fittings, the end pressure cannot change. What enlarging things does is increase the sectional area so that the air can push through easier, therefore the flow is increased and tires fill up faster.

Really, for filling up tires we could care less about having a high pressure compressor. We really need low pressure, high flow. Manufacturers of these little 12V compressors like to boast that their compressor can go up to 200 psi but that doesn't mean anything for fill up time.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    just an update concerning the thermal compound i put on the jug fins. it really has made a difference. before i did it the coupler would be too hot to unhook the hose after doing 4 tires. now its still dang hot but i even i can take it off lol. more heat is definitely being dispersed by those fins now.
    It would be cool to get some before and after temps using an infrared thermometer! I was going to buy one of these from Costco, but they sold out before I knew it, dang!

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

the little red pump that could, died on me this weekend. one of the flutter valves gave up. i couldnt think of any kind of fix that i could trust so i ended up buying a new one at pepboys. they charged $59 but at least they had 2 in stock. i wanted to buy there display model for parts but the woman found two in the back room.

Sam's Club has them MV50 now on their website

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=383881

unfortunately nothing in stores. They do have this in the stores though...

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=408395
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

You could totally fix that with a small piece shim stock. Just measure its thickness and get some from a metal store.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast