Thread: going to Atlanta this weekend...

going to Atlanta this weekend...

...thought I'd check with the forum if there's anything fun to do on a weekend trip. Not a wheeling trip I'm flying out there from CA. I know its raining and cold. If there's anything interesting to see in town feel free to recommend. I'll be there Friday thru Sunday.

Thanks in advance!
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

Re: going to Atlanta this weekend...

underground atlanta at the 5 points train station, id suggest riding marta when you get off at the airport.

walk around downtown, if you can check out the fox theatre, which is right at the north avenue station.

i live off the medical center station on the north line, but should be nicer by then, its sunny today
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Cool thanks for the pointers Blake. I hope for a little sun when I'm there, I've noticed a lot of rain for the past few weeks.

I'll check out those points, including a museum run and maybe a lounge. Someone mentioned MJQ is nice, have you heard of it?
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

Saturday night, at the Georgia dome, redneck paradise, its Monster Jam, $10 seats still available!!

You should go, its an awesome good time, and despite the drunk rednecks, those trucks are REALLY a work of art and serious inspiration, also, I PM'ed you my cell #, give me a call if you end up with some free time on Sat afternoon, if I am downtown already, we'll head over to CNN center and graba bite or something...

Best of luck in the ATL airport.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

hah, Time to strap up...

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

if you take the MARTA from the airport, i hope you leave your valuables behind and bring a gun. same goes for walking around downtown or near the Fox.

World of Coke is kinda neat and the Georgia Aquarium is supposed to be the largest aquarium in the world, so I'd check that out if you have time as well
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by drguitarum2005
    if you take the MARTA from the airport, i hope you leave your valuables behind and bring a gun. same goes for walking around downtown or near the Fox.

World of Coke is kinda neat and the Georgia Aquarium is supposed to be the largest aquarium in the world, so I'd check that out if you have time as well
    it aint that bad, despite what happened to me, i brought that on myself and that was in millionaries land

yeah world of coke and GA aqaurium are good choices, ill be downtown part of the weekend for some things, let me know and i may meet up, can look at my rig too if you want
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Tourist

Spent 3 hours in and not far outside of Atlanta last week, but not on purpose...

Next time I'm driving to Florida I'm goin' the quicker route...
    Via Omaha!!!
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Thanks everyone for all the good information, places to see and warnings. I read about Blake's hitch hiking passenger experience. Hopefully I won't need a gun when I'm in ATL. :P