Thread: Transfer Case Amour

Transfer Case Amour

Does anyone have or have they built any transfer case protection? The factory 'skid plate' on the transfer cases is a little flimsy thing and I have bent mine back into shape a couple of times. Ones I found on line seem to be integrated into a cross member which is good it you're going dual cases or if you're clocking your t case. Just thinking about it tonight.

After some searching it looks like All Pro has one for the FJC. I think Stubbs made one too but it was recalled. Something about the new protection being too strong and breaking the mounting tabs on the t case. Stubbs said that they tested the product on many 3rd gen 4runners. Does anyone remember this or have any insight?

Re: Transfer Case Amour

Here's a link to one I built for my Taco. There's some pics of my gas skid too but I was too lazy to weed them out.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/affinis/skids/
    &#039;95 Runner with some goods<br />&#039;99 Taco with some more goods<br /><br />Surf to Live / Live to Surf

Re: Transfer Case Amour

I have an old Con-Fer skid plate that bolts directly to my existing cross member. It's basically 1/4" thick plate bent up to conform to the rough shape of the cross member. It works but it also looks like a big plow.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.