Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy body roll!

Holy body roll!

This is a Motorweek-like road test of the 1969 Chevrolet Impala--it had me laughing for a good five minutes. Watch this video and you'll see just how far automotive suspensions and brakes have come!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePisYhvNmF4

If you liked that one, here's another one for the 1969 Ford LTD.

If you're a car aficionado, you'll probably like these.

Re: Holy body roll!

Well yeah, that was 1969....all roads were straight back then and in 1/4 mile segments.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

holy soft sidewall, it looked like it was riding on the edge of the rim through the one turn.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

haha, that's just what I was going to post!!! At 4:54 front driverside tire looks like it folded under and it's driving on the rim.
    My signature

All of those big heavy cars do that. That's why so many of them can't keep those white walls clean--because they're driving on them around corners!

Hehe i like that.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

That's great! The commentator describing how "fast" the car accelerated was hilarious!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

The powertrain comments were hilarious. You'd think a 396 cubic inch V8 would do better than 13.9 seconds to 60 and almost 20 seconds in the quarter mile...a Honda Fit would beat that by several car lengths. And we're talking Chevy Impala car lengths, not Honda Fit ones...lol.

I would love to take a car like that for a few laps around the track. It looks like it's in slow motion, only the tires are rolled onto their sidewalls and smoking at 15 mph.

and to think in 1969 most euro sports cars had disk brakes and independent rear suspensions, something even the 2010 mustang lacks....

and we wonder why Americans aren't buying American cars anymore.

dont get me wrong. i absolutely LOVE American muscle, but people these days want stuff that will go around corners, and not end in ball of fire. hahaha.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

sean, what you said was funny and pretty much true!

My 1988 Toyota Supra had twin cams, 4 valves per cylinder, electronically adjustable independent rear suspension...something that most of today's American sports cars still don't have.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast