Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy body roll!

Re: Holy body roll!

Sadly sean and paddlen are 100% right.. The only american sports car that comes close is the camaro/trans am FB or the corvette, the mustant in all its glory still had drums and was way behind GM imho and always was.

Its all about the suspension, if the car handles better then you can drive faster with no worries. I still think the cheapest, easiest car to mod would be a camaro/FB/TA but they really dont have much sophistication like a supra or even an integra has lol.

Still, a nice worked 383 stroker into a 1985 camaro with a good 2 speed powerglide or maybe a 5 or 6 speed would be nice. I know my friends 92 stang witht he 383 was sweet.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

i love old american cars, i would kill to have one and do it up for show, but if i was to make a cheep fast car it would be a little shitbox honda with a b18 tag motor swap, a good buddy of mine has that set-up and it is nuts. but then again, i drive a truck.
    3&quot; body lift, 33x12.5 wild countries on 10&quot; rims, pioneer speakers, sony deck/amp/12&quot;sub. 3.5&quot; pipe bumpers, heavy foot.

Quote Originally Posted by made in canada
    i love old american cars, i would kill to have one and do it up for show, but if i was to make a cheep fast car it would be a little shitbox honda with a b18 tag motor swap, a good buddy of mine has that set-up and it is nuts. but then again, i drive a truck.
    Ah but the trick with the hondas is it needs to be RWD or the stupid cv shafts will bust with to much power.

I would love an old muscle car too, but I want to redo the suspension with front coilvers and antisway bars for the rear and such.

Cheap, FAST, old (no smog), handles like a sports car..... My '73 Datsun 240Z does it all. Independent suspension all around, rear wheel drive, 2300lbs, 150HP 2.4L I6 (lots of potential)!

A friend of mine is building a 440HP turbo Z car right now. Talk about an M3 killer, actually would be hard to find anything on the road faster than that car!

I will always have a softspot for American Muscle sports cars though. I would love to have my Dad's first car some day too, it was a '67 GTO convertable with a 400CID big block.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Ah but the trick with the hondas is it needs to be RWD or the stupid cv shafts will bust with to much power.

I would love an old muscle car too, but I want to redo the suspension with front coilvers and antisway bars for the rear and such.
    And that's exactly why I think the Supras offer one of the biggest bangs for the buck. They already have the good stuff like alumimum IFS/IRS, ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes and an efficient high tech motor, but they have incredible drivetrain strength, crashworthiness and I proved you can make 430 hp on just over $1,000 worth of parts. They do weigh about 450 pounds more than the M3s, Vettes and 370Zs, but they are a fraction of the cost and they can be lightened significantly. Heck, the driver's seat weighs nearly 80 pounds because it has four electric motors for forward/back, recline, lumbar support and my favorite, the electric bolster adjustment. A set of Honda S2000 seats fixes that problem and retains some level of comfort.

WHat did ya do to make that power with the mods, turbo or super?

As for fast import cars, the 240 is an excellent platform as well. Knew someone that did the swap for the turbo whatever engine it is, he KILLED anything after he was done and made like 300hp to the wheels.

I always wanted the older less desirable supra (pre 93 is it?) to make into a fast, sleeper. One thing is for certain tho-no replacement for displacement like my vette.

The supra is a great car, and has huge power potential. Even just basic mods on the 2jz motors can give a nice power increase. I also really like the '93+ MR2 Turbo. Buddy of mine up in VA has had 3 of them, and his latest was putting out about 380hp (IIRC) at the crank. He also did an SR20det and 5spd swap on his friends 240 convertible. Both were sweet cars.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    WHat did ya do to make that power with the mods, turbo or super?
    The recipe is:
    -rebuilt stock Toyota CT26 turbo with a Garrett 60-trim compressor wheel
    -Mazda RX7 550 cc injectors, used, balanced and cleaned
    -Walbro or twin turbo Supra fuel pump
    -Boost controller of some sort (even an inexpensive one is fine)
    -3" turboback exhaust.

These parts are the replacement for displacement. 430 hp and 470 ft lbs of torque, dyno tested.

NICE!!! I may have to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike

The recipe is:
    -rebuilt stock Toyota CT26 turbo with a Garrett 60-trim compressor wheel
    -Mazda RX7 550 cc injectors, used, balanced and cleaned
    -Walbro or twin turbo Supra fuel pump
    -Boost controller of some sort (even an inexpensive one is fine)
    -3" turboback exhaust.

These parts are the replacement for displacement. 430 hp and 470 ft lbs of torque, dyno tested.
    Paddlen, I'm assuming this is a 7mgte motor since you have the CT26 turbo? Any idea how a CT20b turbo would compare?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast