Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holy body roll!

Re: Holy body roll!

The CT20(b) turbo was used on the 3s-gte 4 cylinder, so it would have a smaller wheel on the compressor side. I assume the exhaust turbine would be smaller too, but I'm not sure about that.

I remember there being something weird about the CT20b. Isn't the exhaust side of that turbo cast as one peice with the exhaust manifold?

EDIT: Found my dyno video. (898 kb)

And here is my build video. (7.7MB)

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    Cheap, FAST, old (no smog), handles like a sports car..... My '73 Datsun 240Z does it all. Independent suspension all around, rear wheel drive, 2300lbs, 150HP 2.4L I6 (lots of potential)!
    - I searched for a 240,260 or pre'78 280Z for almost 2 years when I lived in Virginia and couldn't find a single one without rotted floorboards/front stub frame . . . once I get into a place with a garage, I may start looking again though -- got pics of your Z?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Cheap, FAST, old (no smog), handles like a sports car..... My '73 Datsun 240Z does it all. Independent suspension all around, rear wheel drive, 2300lbs, 150HP 2.4L I6 (lots of potential)!
    - I searched for a 240,260 or pre'78 280Z for almost 2 years when I lived in Virginia and couldn't find a single one without rotted floorboards/front stub frame . . . once I get into a place with a garage, I may start looking again though -- got pics of your Z?
    I dont really have any pics yet, but I gonna take some. I think I might even make an off topic build thread when I really start working on it. They're great little cars!
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

An acquaintance of mine has a 240Z with a Toyota 2JZ-GTE. To use the line from the video that is the subject of this thread, it will "punch a hole through a wet napkin."

Damn that would be a fast car. The later twin turbo models of that engine had something like 320hp.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Damn that would be a fast car. The later twin turbo models of that engine had something like 320hp.
    and if you've never seen, can be build upwards of 1000hp (I think I saw an article with a 2JZGTE stroked to 3.4L pushing 1,400 hp - My favorite YouTube Supra video)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

A friend of mine is building a 440HP turbo Z car right now. Talk about an M3 killer, actually would be hard to find anything on the road faster than that car!
    Hate to be a party pooper, but since you live in SoCal., you could probably swing a 9 iron and hit a car that would crush a 440hp Z.
    Are you familiar with Darius Khashabi's Z? It's changed quite a bit since this video (widebody, more power, etc...)
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D...sion_53462.htm

and if you've never seen, can be build upwards of 1000hp (I think I saw an article with a 2JZGTE stroked to 3.4L pushing 1,400 hp - My favorite YouTube Supra video)
    That is awesome!!! I hadn't seen that before.

I found the video of this same shootout but from the supra's side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1sG...eature=related

Since we're on the topic, here is a Supra with a completely reasonable, almost stock turbo upgrade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAo4N_nt1mI
    (Watch the third pull...)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    A friend of mine is building a 440HP turbo Z car right now. Talk about an M3 killer, actually would be hard to find anything on the road faster than that car!
    Hate to be a party pooper, but since you live in SoCal., you could probably swing a 9 iron and hit a car that would crush a 440hp Z.
    Are you familiar with Darius Khashabi's Z? It's changed quite a bit since this video (widebody, more power, etc...)
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D...sion_53462.htm
    440hp in a 2300lb car is hard to beat. Maybe if you live in Malibu or something. Not everyone in SoCal drives a Lambo.

Yea I've see some vids of that car before. Talk about awesome...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast