Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Owners

Ruger 10/22 Owners

Just got one a couple days ago. Only thing I did was add a scope and paint the stock. Can't wait to shoot it. What all have you guys done to yours?

1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

Re: Ruger 10/22 Owners

Mine has a stainless barrel and a wood stock. It is also scoped. I never get to use it because the Jr Fusters and their friends monopolize it when we go shooting. It is my most popular gun when shooting in a group.

One day, I'd like to assemble a 10/22 with a heavy barrel, tuned action, an ergonomic stock with a bipod and a nice scope with accessible windage and elevation towers. Lots of priorities ahead of that project though...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

3.5-10x Scope, 50mm objective, illuminated reticle
    Black Houge Stock
    Green Mountain 1:9" twist bull barrel used to shoot the Aguila 60 gr SSS ammo (need faster twist to stabilize the bullet)

As for the GF's:

Same scope
    Buttler Creek bull barrel
    Black Houge stock

Both rifles have definitely increased in weight, but they are both real tack drivers. I like the 60 grain subsonic ammo, packs a punch and bucks the wind pretty well! I haven't looked into triggers yet because it's a 22lr and I really don't see a need to spend $100+ on a trigger when ammo is <$0.05 per round.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Post some pics of these monsters
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman88SR5
    Post some pics of these monsters
    I will have to grab pictures when I get home tonight, but I'll be sure to get them for you.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Nice looking set up you got there!

The only thing I've done to mine is swap out the synthetic stock for a factory birch one. Mine came with the synthetic, but something was wrong with it. You could grab the stock and forearm and move it like it was a brake open shotgun The birch stock fixed that.

When I was still in school, the wife (then GF) and I would go and shoot squeaks (ground squirrels) all the time, and I was going to upgrade to a bull barrel, change out the stock, glass bed it, free float the barrel, and do all kinds of other upgrades. I held off since we were moving up to Alaska, and it turns out there is nothing to shoot with a .22 in Juneau!! So in my gun safe it sits unless I'm going to the range.

Shooting squeaks was such a kick in the pants

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Pretty much stock w/ a cheap scope
    There are a couple of little things i need to order.
    extended mag release, and that pin that stops the metal on metal contact from the bolt and receiver.

Like the color.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Thanks. Its the camo tan color spray paint. Nothing special on the paint considering the stock will probably be upgraded.

I will say that my 10/22 is my favorite gun in my safe by far. It's accurate, cheap to shoot, the rifle itself is cheap, no recoil, reliable, no hearing protection needed, and can still dispatch a decent amount of animals. Plus, it provides a fun challenge to shoot 300+ yards where as my weatherby makes 300 yards look like a chip shot.

It's a great rifle to teach people to shoot as well, low noise and low recoil make for a fun shooting experience for anyone wishing to learn how to shoot a gun. I have convinced many people that their first firearm purchase should be 22lr rifle OR pistol.

Fuster has the right idea, build yourself a tactical 10/22.

Yeah I am beginning to think it will be a keeper for sure.

Anyone have any parts for these they dont need?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast