Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Owners

Re: Ruger 10/22 Owners

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    I will say that my 10/22 is my favorite gun in my safe by far. It's accurate, cheap to shoot, the rifle itself is cheap, no recoil, reliable, no hearing protection needed, and can still dispatch a decent amount of animals. Plus, it provides a fun challenge to shoot 300+ yards where as my weatherby makes 300 yards look like a chip shot.

It's a great rifle to teach people to shoot as well, low noise and low recoil make for a fun shooting experience for anyone wishing to learn how to shoot a gun. I have convinced many people that their first firearm purchase should be 22lr rifle OR pistol.

Fuster has the right idea, build yourself a tactical 10/22.
    X2 great way to learn, relearn,practice the basics.

A tactical one is on my list.
    But until then i got a GSG-5 to play with too.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman88SR5
    Yeah I am beginning to think it will be a keeper for sure.

Anyone have any parts for these they dont need?
    I know I have a stock barrel and wood stock (possibly another stock barrel and a synthetic stock). Nothing aftermarket though.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Id be interested in a synthetic stock.
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    I will say that my 10/22 is my favorite gun in my safe by far. It's accurate, cheap to shoot, the rifle itself is cheap, no recoil, reliable, no hearing protection needed, and can still dispatch a decent amount of animals. Plus, it provides a fun challenge to shoot 300+ yards where as my weatherby makes 300 yards look like a chip shot.

It's a great rifle to teach people to shoot as well, low noise and low recoil make for a fun shooting experience for anyone wishing to learn how to shoot a gun. I have convinced many people that their first firearm purchase should be 22lr rifle OR pistol.

Fuster has the right idea, build yourself a tactical 10/22.
    X2 great way to learn, relearn,practice the basics.

A tactical one is on my list.
    But until then i got a GSG-5 to play with too.
    Very nice!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Id be interested in a synthetic stock.
    Ok, well let me see if I can find it for you. I built my rifle before I last moved, so it is possible that the stock never came with me during the move. However, I'll take a look for you and if I can find it, just need shipping and it's yours.

Sweet deal. If you find it ill throw a couple extra dollars for the trouble.
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

Sweet deal. If you find it ill throw a couple extra dollars for the trouble.
    Bah, no worries. If I can't find it, would you be interested in the wood stock at all?

Yeah sure, since I painted this one =)

I'll also say for anyone looking for a fun 10/22 build. Look at the 60 grain Aguila SSS ammo, it's subsonic, but really packs a punch with the extra weight. It's also a pretty weird/cool looking round:

You'll need a 1:9 twist barrel to stabilize it otherwise it's fairly pointless to shoot the ammo, but when/if you get a barrel like this, it's a real tack driver. I can still shoot hi-vel ammo with no issues as well. The improved sectional density and ballistic coefficient of this ammo really makes for a fun long range 22. While the drop is fairly significant, it still can reach out 250+ yards and carry a punch.

I got my barrel from Green Mountain, but from what I have read, they have stopped making them due to low demand. Volquartsen makes these barrels, but they carry a hefty price.

However, with the performance and accuracy, I wouldn't hesitate one bit to build another 10/22 with a 1:9 twist barrel for the 60 grain aguila ammo.

Sounds good to me! Heres to another expensive hobby!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast