Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop Digital Direct

Re: Shop Digital Direct

The difference between D60 and D80 is that like the D40, the D60 has no built AF motor, which is a pain if you have reguler lenses, thus requires you to get AF-S lenses. If you want to save weight get the D60 over the D80, if you want to save money get the D40, I love mine.

I too had my eye out on the D90. I do not see a reason why it would heat and break on you. A reputable company like Nikon would not allow it. Alas, a lot of the reviews summarize the D90 as plastic D300, just cheaper and newer, HD video, and a sinch better.

If you want to read up on some great reviews check out www.kenrockwell.com , he is pretty straight up about the equipment that he is testing.
    02 4Runner SR5.

I still have my eye on the D90, and am probably going to be buying one in the near future. The D90 has a lot of the same functions and characteristics of the D300, Nikon said that the D90 is not a professional grade camera only to please the owners of the D300. Because the price of the 90 is a lot less than the 300 althoughjust as equivalent to it. If you look at a comparison chart of them all, the D90 is almost the same as the professional cameras Nikon sells. That came from a review i read somewhere when i first found out about the 90. When i get one, ill let every one now it is worth the 900 dollars.
    lifted 02 sport, with thousands waiting to be installed.

sorry for such a late reply, I ended up just going to Wolf Camera and getting the D80, with the lil baby lens, waiting to get the 18-200VR lens, and spending money on the new rig
    Anyone want to give me a few grand ?
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Ric, what made you decide on the D80 over the D60? I don't need the features or the cost of the D90, so that leaves me with the D60 and D80. The D40X has been recently discontinued.

Some differences I am aware of between the two--the D60 lacks the AF drive motor (I do not own any lenses and Nikon has plenty of AFS lenses in its lineup, so that's fine with me), the D60 has the more modern processor (EXPEED), dust control (not a selling point for me but nice nevertheless), D-Lighting, which impresses me beyond belief how well it works in contrasty areas. Yes, I am aware some of these features are just marketing points, but the D40 and D60s are highly regarded in their high out-of-camera picture quality.

Also, I think you are on the right track with the 18-200 VR lens, seems like a great all-around lens.

I just liked the feel, of the D80, and for what Im going to shoot the 80 with the 18-200VR lens is the ticket, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

i have the 18-200VR on a D2X, that's my only lens and that's all i needed. the only thing is driving my nuts about this lens is the zoom creep, i have taken it to Nikon service center in El Segundo, they said it's within specs and refused to tighen it up. i also bought an SB-600 flash, which i'm really impressed with.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12