Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blue Truck build up thread....

The Blue Truck build up thread....

Time for a build up thread for the Blue Truck........
    the basics: 1981 toyota 2wd pickup. 22r and 5speed. SR5 package

The day i got her....

front view

side view.. i am tempted to take the top off but i am not sure. you can see the lil bit of body rust thats on the bed. my final plans are to sand it down and repaint it.

surface rust on the bumper... i will de-chrome it and paint it black. other then that there isnt much rust on it.. its been in CA for most of it life. so the frame is clean.

the lil 22R

for being 25 years old,, the inside isnt in too bad of shape

122K on the odo..

Then after i got the HG done and brought her to tacoma..

who says 2wds cant flex.

recent updates:
    i've been putting some money into it since its become my daily driver again (i sold my honda to finish the motorswap on the big runner... but thats a different thread)

I painted the truck since the last pictures were posted...

Then i got new tires... Sorry no pics.

I then bought a Delta diamond plate toolbox from Craigslist... $60 i'll get pics tomorrow

Last 3 "mods" i've done to the truck is get get seats for it. they are Honda Civic SI seats imported from Japan. one of my shop neighbors imports JDM parts all the time and had them laying around. they are WAY more comfortable than the 27 year old seats.

I bought a LockRight Locker for the rear cuz every 2wd needs to be TRUE 2wd.....

and tonight i installed 2 Hella 500s

I have H4 Euro headlight conversion on its way as well. pics soon
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

Re: The Blue Truck build up thread....

nice

I dig the old 2wd's - yours looks a lot cleaner than the 86 i've got out front. Keep us posted on your progress!
    Brian

Right on! I love them little trucks... One of the best body styles ever, at least I think so!

As my saying goes.....

Viva La Old Yotas!
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

tighten the torsions, trim the front fenders and put 30's on it.
    Solo Motorsports Built 3/95 4Runner rolling on 35s w/2 35&quot; spares, Total Chaos Gen 2 kit converted to 1 inch uniballs UCA/LCAs, Bilstein 9100 race series shocks, 5:29 gears, 8 pt DOM roll cage, Fiberwerx &#39;06 Tundra 1 pc conversion w/hood and bedsides, Hella 4000s w/everything HID

that raptor could of pulled that truck out in a heartbeat
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Nice, but you took the racing stripes off. :P

*update*
    with the big runner fixed and stable... my attention has turned to the blue truck.

H4 conversion headlight conversion done... WAY better the 40 bucks is TOTALLY worth doing if you have the sealed beam headlights.

H4 on the left, stock on right

low beams

high beams

I decided to repaint it. the last time i painted it, it was done outside in the wind on gravel... not the best place to spray a truck.. i got one layer down when i blew up the motor in the runner and needed to start driving it. as it the truck got dented and the paint started to flake, i would just hit it with some primer... soon the truck started looking like a blue and black camo.

I used the Interlux Brightside boat paint again... 50 bucks cant go wrong. this time i threw 3 layers down with some light wetsanding betweeen coats. i then finished it with a high speed Polish from Griots Garage. Machine Polish 1 and 2...

still need to put the grill and side markers back on... and clean up a couple spots i missed with the polish.

I also built a speaker box for it.. it sits perfectly behind the seats... yes it does muffle it a little, but it beats the current set up..... BROKEN. i will someday turn this box into subs and put the speakers in the doors. right now, it just going to run directly off my ipod running thru the amp... ghetto but it works

I will be ordering HIDs for it this month wait for new updates
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

pics of the box finished... now i need to build a center console to hide the amp.
    [img width=600 height=800]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/eaklandc/Blue%20Truck/SDC14329.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=800]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/eaklandc/Blue%20Truck/SDC14330.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=800]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/eaklandc/Blue%20Truck/SDC14331.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=800]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/eaklandc/Blue%20Truck/SDC14332.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    Did you put a bottom on the box? The paint job on it turned out nice.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast