Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vision X "Tantrum" LED rock light/strobe kit

Re: Vision X "Tantrum" LED rock light/strobe kit

Chris,

I don't think those velcro stickies are gonna hold up to the abuse on any washboard trails

Looks good man! I've yet to do this mod. Sadly I have the LED's sitting in a bag and it's been a few yrs now. I really should do this mod too
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Haha, yeah we'll see how they hold up. I was going to cut strips but had used the last of that to mount my elocker control box. This was what I had in the house. The good thing is that the junction box doesn't weigh anything, so that will help. If it does wiggle loose, I can add a screw into the fuse box cover. I almost did that anyways, but I want to see how well these do, mainly so that I don't compromise the fuse box.

Get working on yours. It will be helpful for next year's dune night run (I can't wait for that one, it should be fun)
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    Chris,

I don't think those velcro stickies are gonna hold up to the abuse on any washboard trails
    Lance, you'll be happy to know that everything stayed right where it was supposed to after a couple days of bombing around the desert.

Only problem I have, actually happened before I got there. I went to turn them on using the remote and the remote isn't working anymore. The indicator light on the remote lights up when you push the buttons but no response. Otherwise the kit is awesome. The SD crew got to take a look at them, I even had the disco lights going when we drove over to the main camp for the raffle.

These are great for when you have to work under your rig at night. Due to my leaking passenger side oil seal on my front diff, I had to pull the skidplate, so I could double check my oil level. I didn't want to do it on Sat. morning before the run, so I did it Fri. night. It was super easy with all that light under there.

My signature

Good news! I emailed VisionX and got a reply back very quickly. Turns out it was just the remote needing to be reprogrammed with the master control. It may not have been correctly synched before it left the factory. He sent me simple instructions on how to do it, and the cool thing, is that it can be used to program multiple sets to work off the same remote. So if you need two kits, you can have one remote.

Lance, thanks for making it so I could open the instructions.
    My signature

how simple? Would it be possible to program your remote to someone else's kit without them knowing? kinda reminds me of high school, when I'd take a universal remote to class so I could mess with Teach . . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Depending on how they have the control box mounted, it's pretty simple. YOu have to take the four screws off the back of the control box, so I had to ruin my 3M tape to get to mine.

It would be pretty funny, if there was a big group together that had these and you programmed them all to work off your remote.
    My signature

Just an FYI, I asked about adding additional pods to the kit as they sell individual pods. They informed me that the individual pods just come with a two wire (red and black), and they can be spliced into the wires on the kit. They suggest only adding two pods per channel on the D block as any more might pull more amperage than the master control could handle. This is great as I want to just add a few more lights, but didn't want to put them on a different switch.
    My signature

i just ordered my set off amazon.com for 76$... pretty good price considering my friend spent that much on his 55 watt rock lights and days wiring everything up correctly...
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Sweet! Can't wait to see them mounted.
    My signature

thanks man! and thanks for the heads up on the good price over at amazon! now i just have to figure out how im going to mount them, your idea seemed to work pretty well, perhaps ill copy your design!

im super pumped, ive always wanted rock lights!! and i always wanted them to be LED's! and 8 of them, already wired, super easy to install all for 76 bucks... what more could you want?
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast