Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vision X "Tantrum" LED rock light/strobe kit

Re: Vision X "Tantrum" LED rock light/strobe kit

Here's a vid of them in my driveway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oqGKHCa7E
    My signature

i know what more you could want... to have the control box not catch fire after you spend 6 hours running cables through the frame...

and then for them to say, pack it all up, and ship it back.. it will only take 14 days to get back to you.
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerUp
    i know what more you could want... to have the control box not catch fire after you spend 6 hours running cables through the frame...

and then for them to say, pack it all up, and ship it back.. it will only take 14 days to get back to you.
    What happened? What did they think happened to it? Any pics?

Did you hook it all up and test it prior to running the wires? That sucks!
    My signature

i got the drivers side all wired up, everything was fine. i then got the passenger side wired up and the box started smoking, and then quit working. no pics cause it doesnt look like anything happened.

they think there is a short somewhere. i had not tested it prior to running the wires (stupid on my part... i know) anyways, im more pissed baout the hole i had to drill in my firewall to get that huge plug through to the engine bay. oh well... now i can start my accessory rewire project that should take a few days once i have all the parts together.
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Oh man, that sucks! Yeah that big plug was a biatch, but I was able to get it through with the main wire harness coming in on the driverside. I had to carefully slice open the rubber grommet a little for it to go through, but finally got it after many tries with a coat hanger and some gorilla tape.

I hope they take good care of you. Bummer you had to package it up and send it back. I'm sure they want it so they can see where the problem was, but I'd be tempted to see if they could just send a new mastercontrol and distribution block. Was it the distribution box or mastercontrol that losts its precious smoke?

I've got that same accessory rewire project coming up soon.
    My signature

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123