Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M416 Trailer Build

Re: M416 Trailer Build

so it has an adjustment huh? that sounds really cool, When I thought about getting it I was thinking about ditching the pintel setup but It seems like it would work better.

my runner is tall though, I sat next to a solid axle 2nd gen on 35s and was the exact same height.
    and the plan is an aftermarket bumper.

The saftey chain part of the inspection at the DMV?

the rooftop tents are freakin amazingly expensive, you could prob setup a frame and make one yourself but I wouldnt know how that would work

I actually thought about building a shell around mine to accomdate for some space inside but i dont think its wide enough.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Ya, the lunnete ring on the trailer has an upper and lower mounting point to help match it up with the towing vehicle. I just went out and measured, it is 3.5-4" between the upper and lower mounting points.

Remember, your 2" body lift doesn't count towards your "towing" height till you get a custom bumper, it is all about where your hitch is. Not trying to talk you out of 33's, just letting you know that you wouldn't have to buy them right away, and your trailer could still sit level.

Safety chains are a must an all trailers, not sure about where you are at, but I imagine it would be the same. I don't think it matters that they are the original style or not, just as long as you have something. I just thought that the original style would look cleaner. Remember these things were used for a long time in the military, they even used them behind 2.5 and 5 ton trucks.

There is a guy in Hawaii that made his own pop up tent on his trailer. I am sure you could still find it on the internet. Because I have a family, one of the bigger tents would work better for me though, but $$$$ A shell would be cool, not sure on finding one to fit though. When I make me top, I would like to have it raised some for extra room, similar to the adventure trailers.
    My signature

yeah my bodylift has the hitch lower, yeah I know you arent tryin to discourage me from 33s, I have yet to see one of these trailers in person so im prob being way over trusive on what it looks like anyways.

Ive also seen those 5 person two room tents that are built off the trailer, they have over head canopies as well so you could have a huge gathering lol stay in that tent.

Overcamp and Eezi Awn I think are two man tents? I cant remember the page it might have been on adventuretrailers.com where they had a pic of the trailer with a huge setup based off the trailer.

How much rust is formed off your trailer?

I think eazi awn has a big tent that will sleep 2 adults and 2 kids. That is probably what I will shoot for first. ONce the kid or kid get big enough, they can sleep in a tent on the ground. LOL

The surface rust is pretty much all over where the bare metal is exposed. It looks way better now than in the original pictures because what looked like nasty rust was layers upon layer of paint that was falling off. Someone let it sit full of water for awhile, so surface rust started behind the paint.IN the first pics you can actually see the water line. Above the water line everything is good. It looked really nasty, probably why I was the only one to bid on it. I knew it wasn't that bad because it was in Bakersfield, real dry there so rust isn't as bad as here on the coast.

Hopefully this weekend, I can get this caught up to how it sits now, with pics and links.
    My signature

Thats what Im afraid of, rust here can either be hit or miss with something like this, we either have rust buckets or smooth metal rust free whatever out here, however I'll end up getting the trailer out in colorado anyways (so my mom wont know) and build it out there.

would you happen to have any dimensions width and lenght, and depth of the bed of the trailer?

The bed dimensions are
    Length- 72 in.
    Width- 41 in.
    Depth- 18 in.

My signature

ahh nice, well I'll top crapping on your thread as im sure you are ready to get the next step started to the trailer
    Keep the pics comin Chris!

No worries, a good dialogue helps get others interested. I am going through my file right now to get links etc. for what and where I have bought stuff. I am going to add links to the 1st post and throughout the build. Plus pretty soon, I am going to be caught up here and have to actually start working on it again.
    My signature

I bet you have some picture in your head exactly how its gona look, I have a pic in my head of my rig built with the trailer and my expo rack I wanna design. Just sucks when you really cant figure out how to get the image to be real

I added some links to the first post and also in the posts where they apply. Included is also a link to the complete manual. I also changed the color of the posts that are actually "the build" to make it easier. More to come soon....
    My signature

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast