Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2000 Tundra starter contact replacement write-up

Re: 2000 Tundra starter contact replacement write-up

One last word to the wise. You may remember I mentioned that if one dropped a manifold bolt into the motor valley upon disassembly, it was no big deal. Well upon reassembly it is a big deal. So to avoid having an unfortunate mishap, I filled my socket with a dab of modeling clay. You might be able to detect it in the end of this socket. It has taken the reverse shape of the previous bolt.

The reason I do this is to prevent the bolt from slipping out of the socket and falling into the valley. If that happens....bummer for you.

Here is a bolt secured to the socket.

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

The whole project would have taken me 3 hours had I not taken a Wendy's break and stopped to take pics. It was nice to hop in the truck and start it right up without coaxing it with clicks and bumps...

an encore pic for your viewing pleasure...

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Nah, it's not weeping. That's residual coolant from when I removed the bridge. I neglected to wipe it before reassembly. I drove it hard today and then filled the tank and gave her a good wash. Funny how a clean truck with a full tank and new contacts seems to run better....hehe.

Thanks for the tip on the digi-cam. Being almost seven years old, I doubt it's sophisticated enough to have the adjustment you describe. I'll check though.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123