Thread: WTB: 4.56's or 4.88's

WTB: 4.56's or 4.88's

need f/r 4.56's or 4.88's for a '98 4runner. would prefer front carrier and rear third if possible
    98 runner limited

Re: WTB: 4.56's or 4.88's

i got a rear arb 4.88 third that i am going to sell, the gears make a tad bit of noise when the pinion is on the coast side of the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by crolison
    i got a rear arb 4.88 third that i am going to sell, the gears make a tad bit of noise when the pinion is on the coast side of the gear.
    how much and where are you located? i really need to do both f/r at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Tried asking Greg (Yotaman) what he has available via TOF?? You might be able to keep it all Carolina boys.
    TOF?
    98 runner limited

thanks. i think i found them. i sent them both pm's and am waitin on a response. do they deal with new stuff or do you think they might have what i need layin around?
    98 runner limited

I my own opinion, and just to ask the question. Why do people buy used gear sets ? I understand the need to save money, but all that bother for a questionable set, is a wonder to me.

On that note I have a set of precision 4.88's I pulled out cause they are funky. You can have em for free. I also have a bunch of used bearings, and crush sleaves.

i hope i dont come off soundin like a dick, but some of us are i situations where we cant just go and spend a grand on gears, intstall kits, and having them put in. i would if i could, but you gotta work with what you have.
    98 runner limited

i would like to think that the people you deal with of forums like this, who share the same interests wouldnt f*** you over by selling you something they knew was junk.

on that note.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    On that note I have a set of precision 4.88's I pulled out cause they are funky. You can have em for free. I also have a bunch of used bearings, and crush sleaves.
    what did they come out of?
    98 runner limited

I was kidding. I sheared a pin on a lunch box (some time ago), and they are toast. I think they would make a good lawn ornament at someones house (not mine).

oh. ok. lol. i dont think thats what im lookin for
    98 runner limited

i pm'd you, but if i can sell just the arb. I can send you housing with pinion gear installed and the ring gear and a v6 open carrier. So all you'd have to do is put the carrier in and check the specs (mostly backlash) to get it to work.