Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone up to speed on the pocket video camera?

anyone up to speed on the pocket video camera?

this is one of those catogorys where if you dont know whats avalible you can end up buying a betamax lol. im doing my homework and trying to figure out whats the best one for the money right now.
    i see they have HD ones now and that would be cool. im interested because i take a lot of video with my camera. its not bad but it cant do any low light and im in mines alot.

anyone know anything up to date about these things?
    this one seems to get good reviews.
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...&pq-path=13064

Re: anyone up to speed on the pocket video camera?

I got my wife the Flip Mino and that thing is bitchin'! I need to upgrade my computer memory so the videos and sound show up right on the computer, but the camera itself is awesome!
    My signature

thank you! those really look good. im watching tons of videos from them. the zi6 looks crisper but the mino looks like it can take lower light better. i like the smaller size much better too.

just bought the mino. thanks for the recomendation!

it came in today with my suction cup mount and it looks like a winning combination. here is a test video taken on the way home from ups
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whN0C...e=channel_page

You should do a writeup on how to go directly from the camera to youtube.

My signature

i dont actualy use that feature. i actualy uninstalled all the flip software other then the codec. the flip software seemed to lack the ability to turn some of my upside down video back to right side up, that i get with the camera mount im using. also it was around 140mb and thats 100mb more then widows movie maker. space is very limited on the eee-pc.

so all im doing is grabbing the video off it like its a thumb drive and going from there to youtube and video editing

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162

so all im doing is grabbing the video off it like its a thumb drive and going from there to youtube and video editing
    Okay, this is more what I meant. Our computer is full so I would like to do it like this, and not install anything more than I need to.

Sorry for the youtube newb question (I've never used it other than watching vids ), but does that mean that you can edit it in youtube?

If so, can you edit a couple clips from the mino together to make one youtube vid in youtube? We have a bunch of small short clips of the kids doing cute or funny things and it would be cool to just link them together for sharing with the fam that lives far away.
    My signature

Okay, so I figured out how to upload a vid. Although I'm only 1 for 4 of not getting an error failed to upload.

Does it normally take awhile to upload a vid?

Funny how it went from you asking the questions to me asking you questions.
    My signature

it will depend on your upload speed to the server. im on a pretty good cable modem connection and i can upload about 2 minutes of video in 10 minutes or so. anything big is best to leave on overnight. the errors may be an issue with your connection burping(small connection break). the connection i had at an old apartment would always burp and ruin my large uploads.

afaik you cant edit video with youtube. for linking videos together you can use small joining programs, but at 40ish mb, windows movie maker is very nice. my comp is converting a video i just edited on our calico trip. ill have it uploaded in the morning and you can get an idea of what windows movie maker can do. its not gonna win any awards but it can do all the basics with a small footprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast