From the Fish Taco thread... I figured it belonged here.

Shane's Infamous Camp Taco's...basically you can pick almost all of this up on the way up to Dusy-Ersham at the General Stores or Supermarkets in Los Banos, Salinas, or Fresno on the way up.

*Basics*
Gorton's Fish Sticks
Pace Mild Sauce
Verde Salsa
Monterey Jack (or preferably Queso Fresca depending on whether you pass by the Mercado store versus Safeway later in the morning when they're open)
Chips
Tortilas (Corn or Flour...your Choice, preferably Corn)

*Salsa/Guacamole*
Small Bunch of Cilantro
2 Avacados
3 Limes
Cabbage-Minced
Chapala Hot Sauce* (IIRC family's stopped importing it, but the make's the Same, different Label Now)
2 Tomatos
1 White Onion
Kosher or Sea Salt

*Bonus*
If you camp at Shaver or Huntington, substitute in some Trout for the Gortons, and/or whatever your local catch of the day is.

*Misc..Bonus*
Tequila..try not to be cheap about it, as you'll consume the rest, and nothing ruins great food like cheap liquor.
IMHO Cazadores is the lowest to go, I'd personally recommend some Patron, you know support my family in Mexico and all.

Basically you start your campfire (or at home the broiler). Start cooking the sticks.

Combine 1 shot of Tequila and half a lime in a glass with a pinch of salt, combine until the salts retty much dissolved and use to sprinkle/baste the sticks once they start to brown.

Pull the leaves off of the cilantro and put into a bowl, with 2-3 pinches of salt, and mash up, or simplify and just mince the cilantro and throw in the salt. Cut up and put the avacado in the bowl with 2 full limes squeezed. 2-3 quick shots of Hot Sauce. 1-1/2 chopped tomatos and 1/2 of the onion minced go in next. Blend or (preferably) mash everything together until smoth, adding salt and hot sauce to taste.

By now the sticks should be pretty well done, coat with the tequila/lime juice one last time and let cook off, so the liquor's burned off for the kiddies.

Use what's left of the onion, french or ring cut and grill up until they've carmelized.

Now..Throw the tortillas down on top of the grille (here's the cool part, they'll pick up some of the flavor that's left on the grille).

Throw it all together, top with whats left of the Avacado and Tomato and serve with some soda or Kool-Aid to the Kiddies and some tequila (and Kool-Aid? ) for yourselves.