Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project: Push Button M-Series Light Switch

New Project: Push Button M-Series Light Switch

I'm always a sucker for military gadgets, especially useful ones that can be used for camping, wheeling, my trailer, etc..., so I when one of the new Push Button M-Series Light Switch popped up on Pirate, I had to snag it. I plan on putting all my aux lighting and future lighting on this switch.

The switch and the one it replaced (also the one I was used to from when I was in the Marines):

A couple pics of how they look lit up. Pics courtesy of Wolf359's build on Pirate

Push any button to get the whole panel to light up:

Push the button you want and then press enter and that selection will light up blue:

You can turn all the selections on and off independantly or you can hit "All Off" and then "Enter" to turn them all off. With 7 selections, I should be good for my lighting switches, plus more.

I still need to source the connector that plugs in the back. Wolf359 was able to get the connector with pigtail from a company, so I'm going to try to do that. He got it from http://randesales.com/ **Edit- I never did hear back after multiple emails to randesales.com but I was able to get it at www.tnjmurray.com

Not sure where it will mount or anything yet, but I was too stoked to not share.

My signature

Re: New Project: Push Button M-Series Light Switch

Oh wow...that is nice!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

very nice... i want it
    \
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Thanks guys! I was pretty stoked to snag it. Yay, xmas $$.

There aren't too many places to fit something like this on a 2nd gen, so I'm thinking this might be a good spot. Relocate the elocker switch (possibly to the center console), relocate the dimmer, and the other switch will be going on this switch so that one doesn't matter. I'm also thinking of relocating the rock lights master control somewhere else. then the dimmer and elocker could go there.

My signature

chris, do you ever use your dimmer? just stuff it back in the dash somewhere!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    chris, do you ever use your dimmer? just stuff it back in the dash somewhere!
    That's a good idea! The only time I use it, is when I hit it with my knee, and have to turn it back down.
    My signature

Relocate the elocker switch (possibly to the center console), relocate the dimmer, and the other switch will be going on this switch so that one doesn't matter. I'm also thinking of relocating the rock lights master control somewhere else. then the dimmer and elocker could go there.
    Can't you wire those to this panel? I would do it just because they're all in one place.

What material are the buttons? Rubber? Plastic?
    It would be cool if you could pop them out and have them relabeled.

I will be wiring the one light switch to the panel for sure.

The dimmer knob I don't want to wire to the panel as that would be a PITA to make it work right. (going to a push button rheostat) when I can easily move it or stash it somewhere.

The elocker switch is up in the air. I can wire it to the panel as long as it will only turn to blue once the locker is engaged (not just when I turn it on). The switch I have now has a blue led on it and it only turns on if the locker is engaged (if the locker won't engage for some reason, it won't light up, thus letting me know something's up). My only other hang up is if I want to use the "All Off" function, as it would be cool to douse all the lights at once, but not neccesarily the locker. For example, this past weekend, I had the rear locker engaged for most of the time around camp.

I will wire the rock lights through the switch as I want to hardwire them anyways. Then I will have to hit this switch before I turn them on. I will still need to put the mastercontrol somewhere. It can be hidden as I can operate it all through the remote if need be. I may see about putting it up by my map lights. I kind of like this anyways, as I can still manually control it, but it's not as obvious sitting where it's at now.

The buttons are rubber like. I can take the switch apart, but it would be hard to just relabel them. The button is black, except for the white lettering, and the clear round area where the indicator light shines through. Almost would have to make a new button. Maybe I'll get brave and pull it apart.
    My signature

thats friggen awesome! those switches are nice. few of our lmtv's had them and i thought they were way to nice for us lol

haha, I know, I would have crapped myself if they gave me one of those for my AAV. The other ones were a pain though, you had to memorize the switch to work it in the dark. WE always had boots driving who would accidently turn it the wrong way and turn the headlights on rather than the B.O. markers. We always just removed our headlights so that it would never happen.
    My signature

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast