Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project: Push Button M-Series Light Switch

Re: New Project: Push Button M-Series Light Switch

chris,

did some p-chopping for you. i didnt touch or resize anything, so it appears that it might be too big for your console spot. see attached pic

Very cool!

About how much does that switch run? Just wondering

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Thanks Bob, that does look pretty tight. I also have to make sure I have the clearance behind as well. Time to break out the tape measure.

Erich, I paid $75 shipped for it. There is at least one on Ebay right now for slightly more. You may even be able to find it at some online military surplus stores.

Considering, my elocker switch with guard and my Carling DPDT switch for my lights came to almost $50, this is a great deal. It can take the place of at least 7 switches.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer

Erich, I paid $75 shipped for it. There is at least one on Ebay right now for slightly more. You may even be able to find it at some online military surplus stores.

Considering, my elocker switch with guard and my Carling DPDT switch for my lights came to almost $50, this is a great deal. It can take the place of at least 7 switches.
    No disagreement here, $75 is a great deal for all the features and coolness factor! I also think it's awesome that you had to use the older version in your military service, and now you can upgrade your personal rig with the new hotness

I've always wanted to build a 4Runner into my version of a military vehicle, with all the placards, labels and the OD green.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Erich_870
    I've always wanted to build a 4Runner into my version of a military vehicle, with all the placards, labels and the OD green.

Erich
    Haha, I know what you mean. If I had the time and money, I'd be doing that to the van with a set of portal axles. And I'd call it MiniPinz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    chris,

did some p-chopping for you. i didnt touch or resize anything, so it appears that it might be too big for your console spot. see attached pic
    Bob, I just went and measured it. I must have had the switch held slightly closer to the camera in the pic you used to pshop it. The whole switch (rectangle part, not just the oval that shows through) is just under 2.75"x3.75". I have a good 4 1/8" from top to bottom to play with and plenty of side to side. As long as I have the room behind the panel, I'll be good. It will need some kind of plate to go on first to cover up the factory cutouts and the hole where the dimmer knob is. Then it should look nice and clean with just the oval sticking out. My dad has sheets of brass that I could use, I could then paint it, or have it plated in brushed nickel or something. Thanks for the pshop, I can't wait to make it a reality.

My signature

I'm thinking of moving the elocker switch to where MarcP has his. Although mine will just be replacing the spot where it has a tiny coin pocket that fits a switch blank, since mine isn't a panel and only a switch.

My signature

I've sent out a few parts requests to different places for the wire connector with a pigtail of wires. Hopefully, I'll hear something this weekend or Monday. I just hope that part doesn't cost more than the switch. Once, I have that, I can start on the project.

On a hummerH1 online store, I found where they are selling this switch for almost $500!
    My signature

I finally was able to find this darn plug and it should be on its way to me today.

I emailed a bunch of companies to see about getting this plug and was dissapointed in the number of responces I got back. I probably emailed about 10+ companies and only heard back from 4.
    1. 100dollarman on pirate got back to me right away but didn't have anything like that (he's more into building military trucks to sell, not really into parts, so it didn't surprise me, but was worth a shot)
    2. one company only sold to the gov't or gov't contractors (not really sure why they needed a nice public website though to get my hopes up, but they at least got back to me and let me know they couldn't sell to me)
    3. http://www.tnjmurray.com/ Got back to me right away and I ordered a good take off plug for $25 (not sure what shipping will be)
    4. www.muttparts.com also got back to me right away but just a couple hours later and I had already ordered from tnjmurray. Their's was slightly less and would have been ~$28 with shipping.

Anyways, just wanted to give props to those companies that responded back. I'll probably add their websites over on my m416 build thread.

I can't wait to get this. I need a project since work is slow.
    My signature

Got my connector today from TNJ Murray. woohoo! Now I can get started on my project. It came to $37 with shipping. Even though it is a "takeoff" the actual plug looks brand new.

My signature

Okay, I've got a question for the wireing gurus.

Here's a chart of the pins and where they would normally go on a military vehicle. I got it from here.

My question concerns connector pins A and K. I'm planning on probably using that switch for aux lights (not sure which ones yet), so do both pins have to be wired to the relay on that set of lights for the switch to work right? If so, how would I do that?

My signature

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast