Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintless dent repair

Paintless dent repair

Doesn't have to be one of the paint less places but dent repair in general. What do all think about it. Is it a waste of time?

We bought a new washing machine and as I was wheeling it into the house tonight I hit my wifes car with the corner of the machine . She was pissed which surprised the fk out of me. Usually she doesn't care about little things like that and thinks people that are obsessed with things like changing the oil and washing their car is ridiculous. I was pissed, hell bird poop on any of our cars freaks me out.

Anyways what are my options? It's not a big dent and it doesn't really look like it broke the paint. The door gave really easily which makes be believe it's pretty thin. I see dent pro repair people driving around all the time and wonder if it's worth my time. Can someone who doesn't know what they're doing make things worse? I'm kind of glad she cares but she's a little pissed (deep down that makes me happy). One thing she said is that I'd never do that to the 4runner. I told her I didn't do it on purpose. She said she knew that but if it were the 4runner that could possibly, remotely by some freak of nature get hit I would flip. She's right, that's why it was parked in the driveway.

I'll try to snap some pics after I finish making her dinner.

Re: Paintless dent repair

I used a plunger to pop out dents before and even that dent king thing on tv works (well something similar to it we used at work).

The dent can be popped out easily if you havent creased the metal, if you have have someone do it. Never used those mobile dent repair guys, but they do guarantee work I assume.

I will say that my moms car was crushed a bit up front from some moron driving an isuzu with a tire on the back. took it in, they didnt even repaint it and fixed it near 85-90%. You can still see a small dent but its not that noticeable.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

mike,

when i worked on the corporate side of things at toyota, their certified used vehicle program used those paintless dent removal services. toyota paid approximately $75 per panel. not all areas can be reached, especially where there are side impact beams where the rods cannot get behind. they do a good job and it does work.

as CJM said, if the metal is not creased, you might be able to push it out from the inside

I have used the body repair tools to get form the insides. Like Bob said, it can be a crapshoot b/c if the metals creased or its a hard spot forget about it.

I was able to take a few pictures this morning. It's hard to see and hard to take the picture with out the flash washing the image out. It's not all that bad, small in size but it pulls the panel so you can see it at a distance.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/DSC06726.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/DSC06727.jpg[/img]

Maybe I'll call around on Monday.

Creased, I would take it to a pro.

agree with cjm. but it does look like it can be undented

Yesterday I spent 30 minutes looking online for different dent removal proceses. I'm going to take it to someone, just need to find out who.

Usually its worth it to take it to the best, try and find out who is the best in your area from people.

I only use 1 body shop: they repainted my corvette exceptionally, fixed my dads old buick regal and you couldnt tell the front had been totaled, did my moms car and didnt even paint and there is a small dent left (hey what you want for $500) they did my camry when the pass fender and half of the bumper was torn off. In all cases you couldnt tell at all really save for my moms car.

You could always just wait for these guys to show up:

http://home.off-road.com/~cruiserhea...panbeaters.htm

This is from PismoJim, who puts on the Pismo Surf N Turf every year. You should see "Knuckles" now though.
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast