Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June Lake 2007 (Central California)

Re: June Lake 2007 (Central California)

Keep in mind the campsites with the best views of the lake gets the most wind. We were lucky that there wasn't much wind last time, but it can get howling. I've seen tents go flying across the fields before.

Personally, I think lance's spot is ideal with the big trees. That's the one I was shooting for last year, but missed.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I can not do the 10-14th of August. Grrrr.

Any of the other alternates work for me.

Let's try and lock something down sooner rather than later so I can plan around it, or start moping, as appropriate!
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

give me a date, and ill see if i can make it, no sense planning around me, and its always up in the air whether or not i can go. looks interesting though, hopefully ill get to go!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

So should we tenatively plan for Aug 17-21? None of us seem to be busy that weekend.

I like Aug 17-21. And sadly, I need to lock it down pretty quick... Summer's filling fast.

Is there anyone who can NOT make that who could make one of the other dates?
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

works for me. its all up in the air for me, but that date works as of today.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I have never been to June lake, but it does sound cool. It is up in the Mammoth are right, above Bishop? Do they allow Scuba diving there, if so I would deffinitly wanna go, he he. Any dates work, as long as I have enough time to take off from work, so planned earlier the better.
    88 Yota Pick-Up, Custom everything!!!

Scuba diving? Not sure. It's not the usual thing you go do there. I'd imagine it's not against any rules or anything, but you'd look like a fish out of water.

I'll be here all night folks...Try the trout...
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

hell, bring your scuba gear! who cares what people say, esp. steve!

there are a few lakes there, but the one the campsite is on is pretty big. yes, you will look out of place, but i have seen stranger things in life.

like last year, the focus won't be solely on off roading. the intent was to pick a good place that had many types of activities available and good scenery. we had the fortune (thanks to Expat) of using 1 campsite as the meeting spot for food and gathering. we'll do that again too. Mark: you get a free camp spot this year

the date works for me too. i dont plan that far in advance anyways

anyone else into fishing?

bob

Alright, well i'll think about the Scuba thing, ha ha. As for fishing, ya I was a big fan until I got into Scuba, but if thats whats the norm up there than ya i'll bring the gear. Whats with the reservations now, how do I reserve a spot? Any specifics I should look into either or what?
    88 Yota Pick-Up, Custom everything!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast