Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss southern cal.....

I miss southern cal.....

took these pictures this morning. 1 foot of snow in 12 hours here in Indy.

[img width=800 height=531]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w38/tonniechengca/road/_IMG0241.jpg[/img]

NO, I didn't have a chance to have some fun in the snow because my 4Runner is still at the shop for a tranny rebuilt. tried few doughnuts with my wife's front wheel drive RAV4 using hand brake, pretty cool, thou.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Re: I miss southern cal.....

LOL better you than me

California has it's own problems but I'd miss it everyday if I left. There are other states that have a lot to offer but I think it would take a lot for me to leave. Sure I had frost on the windshield this morning but it's nice and sunny now. We'll probably have a drought this summer and maybe water rationing but that's what it's all about, right.

I guess I'm just glad I don't have to shovel snow.

Ewww, I hate cali. The weather and area is nice, but everything else just ewww...

Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Ewww, I hate cali. The weather and area is nice, but everything else just ewww...

says the guy in jersey lol. i miss vermont but i never knew weather could be sunny 99% of the time untill i got here

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    says the guy in jersey lol. i miss vermont but i never knew weather could be sunny 99% of the time untill i got here
    Weather here is fine, I am only here b;c my family lives here. Soon as I grad school im out anywhere pretty much but NJ/IL/CA/MA

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM

says the guy in jersey lol.....

Yeah there's a lot more to CA than the stereotypes suggest. But, yeah we don't need more people moving here, so yeah it sucks.
    My signature

Yeah, So Cal is nice but it's just too damn expensive and, for me, there are too many people - it can't even naturally sustain the people that live there now, they have to pull so much water from all the neighboring states. Besides that bit, the geography is awesome and there are some really nice peeps out that way. I wouldn't mind moving back some day - maybe North Cali, up near Trinidad or Eureka.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

I've been to Cali a grand total of once. This was back in early 1990 (I managed a system furniture installation for a reservation center for Lufthansa at LAX).

My wife's (then fiance) Grandmother lived right off of Sunset. I rented a Caddy for the weekend and took her out to dinner.

I bunch of firsts for me out there. First time I had avacado on a sandwich, first time a saw a REAL sunset, first time I had seen "tear downs", first drive on PCH. I had a good time. Went up to LACC too. Weather was beautiful the whole time I was there.

Of course here in Pittsburgh, weather forecast was for 3-5 inches of snow. We had snow alright - about an inch - followed by 3" of freezing rain on top of that, then another couple of inches of snow on top of that this afternoon. Makes for a nice mess.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Its mostly the laws and the bad people that keep me away, otherwise its a really nice place.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast