Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got another set of Lightforce lights, need suggestions on where to mount them

Got another set of Lightforce lights, need suggestions on where to mount them

I got a set of Lightforce 170's, and need some help locating where to mount. Suggestions are appreciated!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Got another set of Lightforce lights, need suggestions on where to mount them

Won't fit or look good, send them to me.

Mount them to the underside of your camper above the cab. Can't tell how far forward the cabover comes, so they may need to go directly over the cab but to the side.
    My signature

Re: Got another set of Lightforce lights, need suggestions on where to mount them

That was my first thought, but I'll have to figure out a mounting method as I don't really want to drill into my camper to mount these...
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    .... I don't really want to drill into my camper to mount these...
    Like I said, "Won't fit, send them to me!"

The other option is to rework your center hoop on the bumper. Cut the center posts out, move the 240's closer together with the 170's close on either side, and then put the center posts back in just farther outboard but not into the headlights, obviously.
    My signature

I'll play some more tonight to see what I can come up with...

Also, I'm tempted to throw some 55 watt HID's into these as well. [Homer Simpson]mmmmm, 220 watts of HID, aaaaa[/Homer Simpson]

I would if I had the $$ HID FTW!!!!
    My signature

Get a straight on pic with one of the 170's sitting on the bumper. Then the photoshop gurus can play with different arraingments of the lights on the bumper.

This is what I did with mine and someone did it real quick so I could see how it would look.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Get a straight on pic with one of the 170's sitting on the bumper. Then the photoshop gurus can play with different arraingments of the lights on the bumper.

This is what I did with mine and someone did it real quick so I could see how it would look.
    Sounds good, I'll grab that later today/tonight!

Cut the tubes off the bumper and set all 4 across. It should look like oOOo after you're done.

Not sure if it'll squeeze in place w/o blocking a bit of light for your high beams when you're using them but I figure a quick flick of the 170's should fix that issue.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Update...

Won't really fit anywhere on the front, so now I'm going to have one bad ass set of camper lights! Possibly going to look for swivel heads (also need to prevent theft) for them so I can have a nice set of bright flood lights for the camper! Also need the diffuser pattern for these lights too.

Might throw in a set of 35 watt HID's for not only lighting, but also to keep the battery from running down. Wire them up independently as well so I can just have one on at a time. 35 watts isn't bad for a camp light, and with a 110 amp hour battery... no need to worry about running it down too fast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast