Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ARB Tacoma Bumper on 4runner modification

Re: ARB Tacoma Bumper on 4runner modification

yeah i had it rhino lined about a year and a half ago, along with my sliders. wish i could do my entire truck that stuff is tough. well worth the money especially in new england where salty roads destroy metal.
    trd supercharger rear elocker 4.30 gears

I look at the line-x at a different angle... Not that its a bad option at all..

But, think about it: You spend X amount of dollars to line-x the puppy... You scratch it, which WILL happen...then what... live with the scratches which is fine...

My idea was that I sanded down the original coat, and primed and prepped it with flat black rattle can. Now, when I scratch it... two second touch up with the can, and I'm good....

Just the way I looked at it... not saying which is right or wrong!
    1996 4x4 4Runner<br /><br />Suspension: 6&quot; Trailmaster/Fabtech Knuckles/Sonoran Steel shocks/coils. Rear LC coils/shocks<br />Offroad: 315/75/16 MTR&#39;s, ARB, M8000, E-locker, sliders, MV-50 compressor, CBI tire carrier, Cobra CB, Kragen HID&#39;s.

Oh, and here the bumper is when I bought it.
    1996 4x4 4Runner<br /><br />Suspension: 6&quot; Trailmaster/Fabtech Knuckles/Sonoran Steel shocks/coils. Rear LC coils/shocks<br />Offroad: 315/75/16 MTR&#39;s, ARB, M8000, E-locker, sliders, MV-50 compressor, CBI tire carrier, Cobra CB, Kragen HID&#39;s.

i for one like the hoops cut off man. hopefully brad can have me up there sometime to redo my hoops. make sure you post up the finished product

<br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

DAMNIT, You bought the one in vista didnt you..?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

well the bumper is all done thanks to ocean state crawlers. took about 3 hours and got exactly what i wanted.

hey guys just wondering if anyone welded or added bolts to your arb bumper to make it more solid...mabey weld the impact absorber to the frame???

thank you, trevor
    1999 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD 3.4 V6 5speed,&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; OME 881/906, 1&quot; 4crawler diff drop, 265-75-16 BFG All Terrain on stock Limited 5 spoke and full spare,ARB tacoma Bullbar, BruceTS custom rear bumper #9, rock sliders, black painted fender trim, serco roof rack, cobra CB under CD player, 3 ft fire stick in stock location, clear corners, flowmaster.

I sheered one of the passenger side mounting bolts wheeling last year, tack welded the bolt back and beaded the rest. i had to use a plasma cutter to separate them when i modified the brackets for the body lift but when wheeling season comes back around i'm getting both welded
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Quote Originally Posted by 4runfun
    well the bumper is all done thanks to ocean state crawlers. took about 3 hours and got exactly what i wanted.
    Looks like they do good work. Out of curiosity, why such a big stinger?

because it looks ballsy . we started with a small hoop and i thought it needed more, i like the way it came out. plus i hope to put it through 20005speeds side rear window

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast